Subject: [PMOL] application performance metrics

From: "Christou, Christos [USA]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 10:55:37 -0500

Hello,
 
Having reviewed the work of this working group and listening to the
presentation at the Ops Area open meeting in Minneapolis, I would like
to understand from WG participants whether there is interest in
expanding the work of this WG to define performance metrics for
different application types?  
 
In discussing this with Al and others, I wanted to see if participants
think this is needed, if it is too difficult, out of scope for the IETF,
if the appropriate metrics have already been defined, etc.  For example,
ITU-T SG 12 has definied G.1080 and G.1081 to define different "QoE"
metrics--is this sufficient?  
 
It seems like there has been much work over the years on how to measure
MOS.  However, what is the parameter that is used for other
applications?  If this has previously been defined, please do include a
pointer...
 
Thanks--just wanted to gauge the list's thoughts on this,
 
Chris
_______________________________________________
PMOL mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pmol