Subject: [pntaw] Purpose of the PNTAW list

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 08:07:43 +0200

Howdy,

The RTCWEB chairs requested this list because we believe that there are
a set of webrtc-related proposals for proxy, firewall, and turn server
behavior which have implications beyond the scope of the RTCWEB work.
In order to get security folk, proxy people, and turn server clueful
folks to participate, we felt a focused list would be useful.  While
RTCWEB is currently quiet, it occasionally creates message load that
would deter their participation in the main list.

We think documents which primarily focus on the behavior of (or propose
changes to the behavior of) proxies, firewalls, or TURN servers should
get discussed here.  We are still gathering participants for that
discussion, so we hope to kick it off mid-next week.

This list will not, however, lead to a separate working group.  Our aim
is for work here to get review and then assignment to an existing
working group.  Sometimes that will be RTCWEB; sometimes it will be
other groups.

Hope that clarifies things.

Magnus Westerlund
Ted Hardie
Cullen Jennings

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 22:16:29 -0800

> working group.  Sometimes that will be RTCWEB; sometimes it will be

Is the intent to limit this to RAI-related concerns?

Melinda

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 08:27:51 +0200

> Is the intent to limit this to RAI-related concerns?

No, definitely not regarding concerns or issues. As a RTCWEB WG chair I
clearly want benefit for the work in my WG. However, this is a separate
list for the reason to explore also others needs in the area of NAT/FW
traversal and allow for synergies or expose contradictory requirements.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------