Subject: FYI: Directory definitions document

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 19:40:11 +0200

FYI, the following draft just came out:

  Title : Definitions for talking about directories
  Author(s) : H. Alvestrand
  Filename : draft-alvestrand-directory-defs-00.txt
  Pages : 6
  Date : 21-Oct-99

  When discussing systems for making information accessible through the
  Internet in standardized ways, it may be useful if the people
  discussing have a common understanding of the terms they use.
  This document is not intended to be either comprehensive or definitive,
  but is intended to give some aid in mutual comprehension when
  discussing information access methods to be incorporated into Internet
  Standards-Track documents.

This is NOT intended to be a BOF in Washington, but I'd enjoy talking to 
people about it; its intended target is an informational IAB-sanctioned RFC.
Keith Moore has suggested that "[email-masked]" (open list, 
subscription at [email-masked]) is an appropriate place to 
talk about this topic.

Comments welcome!

NOTE: This note is spread rather widely. Please do NOT reply to it, but 
rather to [email-masked] or to me personally.

                       Harald A

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Maxware, Norway
[email-masked]