Subject: Two BOFs in Chicago

From: "Bert Wijnen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 99 23:29:14 DST

There will be two BOFs that may be of interest to readers of this
mailing list.

   Configuration Management Bof
   Policy Terminology BOF

They will discuss the work done by the Design Teams that we created
after our Chicago meeting.

The relevant documents are:

   draft-ops-mumble-conf_management-03.txt
   draft-ops-mumble-terminology-00.txt

They are not yet in the repository. I know that the management doc
can be retrieved from:

http://www.ir.bbn.com/documentation/internet_drafts/draft-ops-mumble-conf_management-03.txt

The discussion about these document takes place on

   [email-masked]

Normal subscription methods.

The design team on Use Cases has a document within the Policy Framework
WG, and that document will be discussed in that WG meeting in Chicago.

Pls read and prepare to contribute.

Thanks,
Bert

---

From: Jon Saperia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:58:35 -0400

Silvano Gai wrote:
> 
> At 11:33 AM 10/28/99 -0400, Glenn Waters wrote:
> >I'm confused as to why there are two documents looking at the configuration
> >management issue with one of the authors (Keith) common to both of the
> >drafts; there is:
> >
> >  draft-ops-mumble-conf_management-03.txt, and
> >   draft-kzm-policy-protcomp-00.txt
> 
> I think the second one is a personal contribution.
> 

The second one was a document that was written by Keith and others in
preparation for the meeting that was held in September where these
issues were discussed. Juergen and I have a similar document also made
in preparation for that meeting.  We had not originally planned to
submit it as an ID, but we will after IDs are accepted for publication
again after the Washington meeting.  In the interim Juergen has sent out
an email with pointers to all 3 documents.  You will have seen that by
now.  Hope this helps.

/jon

---

From: Silvano Gai <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:22:51 -0700

-- Silvano

Silvano Gai               
Cisco Systems                  Empowering the Internet Generation
170 West Tasman Drive                         Tel. (408) 527 2690
San Jose, CA, 95134-1706                      Fax. (408) 527 2690
                                                    [email-masked]

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 18:05:30 +0200

There is confusion about where to obtain the relevant documents. The
URL Bert postet a few hours ago does not seem to work (at least for
me). So I have collected the relevant documents in a single place:

http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw/draft-ops-mumble-conf_management-03.txt

(This is the official output produced by the configuration management
 design team.)

http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw/draft-schoenw-policy-snmp-00.txt
http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw/draft-kzm-policy-protcomp-00.txt

(These two documents were submitted as input for the Chicago meeting
 back in September and provide additional information.)

All three documents will at some point in time show up in the ID
archive - probably with some name changes (the underscore is not my
typo).

[Sorry for the cross-mailing. I was not sure if everybody has already
 subscribed to the <[email-masked]> mailing list. Please reply
 to the <[email-masked] list only.]

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder      Technical University Braunschweig
<[email-masked]>  Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
Phone: +49 531 391 3289    Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
Fax:   +49 531 391 5936    <URL:http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw/>

---

From: "Glenn Waters" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 11:33:51 -0400

---
Glenn Waters, Nortel Networks, Ottawa ON, Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Bert Wijnen
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 1999 19:29
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Two BOFs in Chicago

http://www.ir.bbn.com/documentation/internet_drafts/draft-ops-mumble-conf_ma
nagement-03.txt

   [email-masked]

Thanks,
Bert

---

From: Keith McCloghrie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:36:40 -0700 (PDT)

Glenn,

draft-kzm-policy-protcomp-00.txt was written first, as input to the
Chicago interim meeting (a few minor additions have been made since).

draft-ops-mumble-conf... is the output of a Design Team formed in
Chicago.  The two drafts are structured differently, and it was a last
minute rush to get the Design Team output finished in time for the I-D
deadline.  So, while draft-ops-mumble-conf... compares both proposals
against a set of requirements, it does not contain all the
information/arguments presented in draft-kzm-policy-protcomp-00.txt,

Keith.