Subject: [Policy] RFC 3198 on Terminology for Policy-Based Management

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 16:14:31 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3198

        Title:	    Terminology for Policy-Based Management
        Author(s):  A. Westerinen, J. Schnizlein, J. Strassner,
                    M. Scherling, B. Quinn, S. Herzog, A. Huynh,
                    M. Carlson, J. Perry, S. Waldbusser 
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       November 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],

                    [email-masked], [email-masked] 
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 47806
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-policy-terminology-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3198.txt

This document is a glossary of policy-related terms.  It
provides abbreviations, explanations, and recommendations for
use of these terms.  The document takes the approach and format
of RFC 2828, which defines an Internet Security Glossary.
The intent is to improve the comprehensibility and consistency
of writing that deals with network policy, particularly Internet
Standards documents (ISDs).

This document is a product of the Policy Framework Working Group of
the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.