Subject: PPP over Ethernet networks

From: JACQUENET Christian CNET/DSE/CAE <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 15:50:39 +0100

Dear PPP gurus,

If I remember correctly, there was somme discussion last year about the
opportunity to establish PPP sessions over Ethernet segments. Two
questions :

1. Am I wrong ?
2. If the answer is "no" to the previous question, can anyone provide
some useful pointers, since I did not find anything about this subject
yet (including a possible I-D) ?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Christian.

---

From: Lim Lip Yeow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 09:27:42 +0800 (GMT-8)

> Dear PPP gurus,
sorry, i'm no guru... :)

> opportunity to establish PPP sessions over Ethernet segments. Two

are you referring to Piont-to-Point Tunneling protocol -- PPTP or L2TP?
if true try:
	draft-ietf-pppext-pptp-02.txt
	draft-ietf-l2tp-09.txt

hope it helps ...

lip yeow