Subject: PPP Default configuration

From: Robert Friend <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 13:19:54 -0700

Hi to all CCP developers,

I am conducting a survey regarding which settings you implement.  That
is what set of configuration options do you support in your CCP
implementations?  Also, I am wondering what are your default (or
preferred) settings you try to negotiate to.

As you know, there are 5 options that can be negotiated for rfc1974 (CCP
with LZS compression): they are LCB, CRC, sequence numbers, extended
mode, and none.  I would like to know what is negotiated by
implementations and what problems, if any, are experienced.

This information will remain internal to Hi/fn and will not ever be
published.  Please send me private mail with this information.

Regards,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Robert C. Friend                  Hi/fn
 Applications Engineering      5973 Avenida Encinas, Suite 110
 voice: (760) 827-4542          Carlsbad, CA 92008
 FAX:  (760) 827-4577          email: [email-masked]

---

From: Archie Cobbs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 14:06:12 -0700 (PDT)

> published.  Please send me private mail with this information.

It would be nice if you could publish this information... at least
in summary form (you don't have to name names).

-Archie

___________________________________________________________________________
Archie Cobbs   *   Whistle Communications, Inc.  *   http://www.whistle.com