Subject: Re: Last call on draft-ietf-pppext-aal5-03.txt

From: "Ian Puleston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 17:40:03 -0800

Rewording point 3. in section 4 as follows would clarify it and prevent us
from having to implement something which would not be needed in ADSL
equipment.

     3. Support of connecting though a Frame Relay/ATM FRF.8 [7]
     service inter-working unit to an RFC 1973 [6] end point is optional.
     If it is to be supported by an implementation, then that
     implementation MUST support LLC encapsulated PPP payloads,
     and MUST use this technique on such a connection.

---

From: Manu Kaycee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 21:06:49 -0500

>     and MUST use this technique on such a connection.

I suggest we use Ian's recommendation, support it, and move on.

Objections, disagreements, anyone?

Later,

Manu

____________________________________________________________________
Paradyne Corporation                             +1-603-434-6088 (V)
21 Bear Meadow Road                              +1-603-434-6178 (F)
Londonderry, NH 03053-2618                       [email-masked]