Subject: Re: Layer Two Tunneling Protocol 'L2TP' - Working Group Last

From: "Pat Calhoun"<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 12:36:40 -0600

I also agree. Until we test this autodetection of windowing
enabled/disabled on the data channel, which I still think is a horrible
idea and a gross violation of layering, will we know whether the current
L2TP is ready for prime time.

PatC

Philip Rakity <[email-masked]> AT Internet on 01/26/98 10:11:04 AM

To:   Karl Fox <[email-masked]> AT Internet@ccmail
cc:   [email-masked] AT Internet@ccmail, [email-masked] AT
      Internet@ccmail
Subject: SPAMCHECK  Re: Layer Two Tunneling Protocol 'L2TP' - Working Group Last

Karl,

I am against doing this.  We should wait until the interoperability testing
at the end of February.

We have asked on the mailing list if we can test with folks and have
received no offers.  I also telephoned the CISCO folks to see if they
wanted to test, but the answer was that they were not ready.

I believe that until testing is done, it is inappropriate to move L2TP
forward.

regards,

Philip Rakity
FlowPoint

On Mon, 19 Jan 1998, Karl Fox wrote:

> This is last call.  I will advise the area directors that we want to >
take L2TP (draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-09.txt) to Proposed Standard on > Monday
February 2, 1998 unless there is substantive comment raised on > either of
the [email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists.
> --
> Karl Fox, servant of God, employee of Ascend Communications
> 655 Metro Place South, Suite 370, Dublin, Ohio  43017   +1 614 760 4041
>