Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-eaptls-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:58:00 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: PPP EAP TLS Authentication Protocol
	Author(s)	: B. Aboba, D. Simon
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-eaptls-03.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 21-Apr-98
	
     The  Point-to-Point  Protocol  (PPP)  provides  a  standard method for
     transporting multi-protocol datagrams over point-to-point links.   PPP
     also  defines  an extensible Link Control Protocol (LCP), which can be
     used to negotiate authentication methods, as  well  as  an  Encryption
     Control  Protocol  (ECP),  used  to negotiate data encryption over PPP
     links, and a Compression Control Protocol  (CCP),  used  to  negotiate
     compression  methods.  The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) is
     a PPP extension that provides support  for  additional  authentication
     methods within PPP.
 
     Transport  Level  Security  (TLS)  provides for mutual authentication,
     integrity-protected ciphersuite negotiation and key  exchange  between
     two  endpoints.   This  document describes how EAP-TLS, which includes
     support for fragmentation and reassembly, provides for these TLS mech-
     anisms within EAP.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pppext-eaptls-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-eaptls-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-eaptls-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.