Subject: Elaine Hyder <[email-masked]> spam

From: Vernon Schryver <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 18:06:30 -0600 (MDT)

Elaine Hyder <[email-masked]> spam continues to send me
unsolicited bulk mail about her "survey" concerning "conflict resolution"
in the PPP working group.  Does anyone know how to stop that particular
spew of spam?  I've complained, but it continues.

Yes, it's spam, because it is unsolicted and bulk.  I did not complain on
the first message, since it could have been the result of ignorance and
arrogance.  I'm getting rather tired of receiving repeated "reminders"
about my refusal to participate in her supposed survey, even after
my complaint.

I'm sending this to the working group mailing list and the main IETF
list so that other people know that she is not on the up-and-up and take
whatever action or inaction (e.g. not respond) they feel appropriate.  If
she were not an ordinary spammer, then she would not have sent the initial
unsolicited bulk email.  She also would not continue sending her reminders.

At the very least, there the IETF needs to tighten its rules on releasing
working group email addresses lists.

Never mind that the professional and would-be professional "facilitators"
selling their "group cooperation" snake-oil do more harm to group
cooperatation in general and cooperation in IETF WG's and the development
of Internet standards than any other single group, with the possible except
of the politicians, wannabe politicians, and get-rich-real-quick-by-
selling-domains-and-TLDs crowds.

Vernon Schryver    [email-masked]