Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-lcp-charset-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 10:53:25 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: PPP LCP Language and Character Set Configuration Options
	Author(s)	: G. Zorn
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-lcp-charset-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 16-Mar-98
	
The  Point-to-Point  Protocol  (PPP)  [1] provides a standard method for
transporting multi-protocol datagrams over  point-to-point  links.   PPP
also  defines  an  extensible  Link Control Protocol (LCP), which allows
negotiation of an Authentication Protocol for  authenticating  its  peer
before allowing Network Layer protocols to transmit over the link.
 
Both  Link Control Protocol and Authentication Protocol packets may con-
tain text which is intended to be human-readable [2, 3, 4].  This  docu-
ment  defines LCP configuration options for the negotiation of character
set and language usage, as required by RFC 2277 [5].

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pppext-lcp-charset-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-lcp-charset-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-lcp-charset-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.