Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-sonet-ds-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:30:15 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: PPP over SONET/SDH
	Author(s)	: W. Simpson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-sonet-ds-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 17-Nov-97
	
   The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) [RFC-1661] provides a standard
   method for transporting multi-protocol datagrams over point-to-point
   links.  This document describes the use of PPP over Synchronous Opti-
   cal Network (SONET) and Synchronous Digital Heirarchy (SDH) circuits.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pppext-sonet-ds-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-sonet-ds-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-sonet-ds-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Bob Cubbage <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:34:46 -0600

For your information, below is a forward copy of an e-mail message I
have received on a draft for PPP over SONET/SDH. With the upcoming
T1X1.5 Ad Hoc Group meeting on this topic, you might want to consider
this information at your meeting.

Since I have not been to a T1X1.5 meeting recently, I have some
questions. Has there been an official liaison set-up between these two
groups? Are the groups working together to address this issue? I ask
these questions because it appears the groups are working independently
of one another.

Bob Cubbage
Samsung Telecommunications America, Inc.
1130 N. Arapaho Road
Richardson, Texas 75081
(972) 761-7829
email: [email-masked]

----------
From:  [email-masked] [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:  Tuesday, November 18, 1997 8:30 AM
To:  [email-masked]
Cc:  [email-masked]
Subject:  I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-sonet-ds-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions
Working Group of the IETF.
	Title		:	PPP over SONET/SDH
	Author(s)	:	W. Simpson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-sonet-ds-00.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		:	17-Nov-97
	
	The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) [RFC-1661] provides a standard
method for transporting multi-protocol datagrams over point-to-point
links.  This document describes the use of PPP over Synchronous Opti-cal
Network (SONET) and Synchronous Digital Heirarchy (SDH) circuits.
Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
		"get draft-ietf-pppext-sonet-ds-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-sonet-ds-00.txt
Internet-Drafts directories are located at:
	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
	ftp.nis.garr.it
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu
Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.
Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-sonet-ds-00.txt".
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE" command.
To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or a MIME-compliant
mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers exhibit different
behavior, especially when dealing with "multipart" MIME messages (i.e.
documents which have been split up into multiple messages), so check
your local documentation on how to manipulate these messages.

Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:34:49 -0600