Subject: A Question on PPP/AAL5

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 09:21:48 -0400

Hi,
     I've a question on which version of ATM signaling should be used in
svc enviroment for PPP/ATM.  In "draft-ietf-pppext-aal5-06.txt", it states
only Q.2931; but in RFC 1755, ATM Forum UNI 31 is assumed.
Thanks,
Ming Chan
Bellcore

---

From: [email-masked] (luna3!gmg)
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 10:31:50 -0400

Hi,
	It really doesn't matter within this context which signaling dialect
you use, they all treat the BLLI identically for this application. The ID
refers to Q.2931 as an exemplar, as it is the base from which the others
derive. There is no reason why you as an implementor could not use ATMF 3.X
or ATMF 4.0, they will work too...

	George