Subject: 50th IETF PPPEXT Meeting Minutes

From: Karl Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 14:56:24 -0500

Thanks to Ross Wheeler <[email-masked]> for taking these minutes.

Karl

----------------------------------------------------
EAP SIM Authentication (Version 1)
draft-haverinen-pppext-eap-sim-00.txt
Henry Haverinen 

Presentation Comments:

Went over presentation...

Questions/Comment:

Henry: this is a new EAP type - what is the policy here?
Karl: Do your best and we'll set it up.
Matt: Key management protocol - passing distributed keys was frowned upon.
Please contact Bernard Aboba.  
Mark:  send the AAA AD a question regarding.
Mark: Experimental - EAP TLS is already...
Matt:  Do your draft ask the chair to see if there is consensus to being a
standard and see what happens after that.
Henry: has the IANA number
Matt: remove the word RADIUS

Jari: UMTS authentication ?
Henry: just for GSM
----------------------------------------------------
Class Extensions for PPP over AAL2
draft-brucet-pppext-ppp-over-aal2-class-00.txt
PPP over AAL2
draft-ietf-pppext-ppp-over-aal2-00.txt
Bruce Thompson 

Presentation Comments:

Went over presentation...

Is there a need for CRC8?
Karl: Get rid of it.

Questions/Comments:

Karl:  Can you use PPPMUX?

Bruce:  would not be applicable...

Response:  PPPMUX introduces delay.  So maybe that's why?

Karl: Can you use PPPMUX to reduce ?

Bruce:  Yes.

Question:  AAL2 Work item question 4 traffic measurement studies.  

Bruce:  Question 15 - people expecting a specific SID scheduling algorithm

Bruce:  What next?

Karl:  Last call?

Karl:  Anybody object to it being a working group item?

Karl: Done
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
IP Header Compression over PPP
draft-koren-avt-crtp-ipcp-00.txt 
Tmima Koren 

Presentation Question:

Requesting to accept this as a work group item...

Questions/Comments:

Karl:  Any objections to being a work group item?

Karl:  Accepted!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Call for Volunteers - document editors, implementation questionnaire.
Karl Fox

Need to demonstrate two independent implementations

Come up afterward and discuss with Karl.

It will be posted to the list.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Karl Fox <[email-masked]>
Key fingerprint = 4159 B4AD 339D 4E2A 255F  9CC4 9DA9 CB4B B16D E2B1