Subject: EAP TLS drafts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 17:26:08 +0300

Hi all,

I really like the idea of tunnelling EAP within EAP/TLS,
and I hope this idea gets standardized.
But why two separate drafts that essentially propose
the same thing? (draft-josefsson-pppext-eap-tls-eap-01.txt and 
draft-ietf-pppext-eap-ttls-00.txt)

Is the latter one a working group document, like the name 
implies?

Regards,
Henry

---

From: "Simon Blake-Wilson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 21:03:20 -0400

Hi Henry,

I'm one of the authors of draft-ietf-pppext-eap-ttls-00.txt. Paul and I
submitted this as a WG draft, and it believe it was accepted as a working group
document.

I agree it doesn't make sense to have two separate drafts saying the same thing
... I'm hoping we're able to merge the two drafts going forward, although I
haven't had time to study draft-josefsson-pppext-eap-tls-eap-01.txt in detail
yet.

Best regards. simon

[email-masked] on 10/09/2001 10:26:08 AM

To:   [email-masked]
cc:    (bcc: Simon Blake-Wilson/Certicom)

Subject:  EAP TLS drafts

Hi all,

Regards,
Henry