Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-josefsson-pppext-eap-tls-eap-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 07:04:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol (PEAP)
	Author(s)	: H. Andersson, S. Josefsson, G. Zorn, B. Aboba
	Filename	: draft-josefsson-pppext-eap-tls-eap-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 28-Sep-01
	
This document specifies an Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
mechanism for mutual authentication and session key generation in a
roaming environment. The server authentication and the negotiation of
the session key is done using the PPP EAP Transport Layer Security
(TLS) Authentication Protocol. The user authenticates using a PPP EAP
mechanism, integrity and privacy protected by TLS. In essence, a
wrapping of EAP inside TLS inside EAP is specified. An important
application discussed in this document is to provide authentication
of access points and stations within an IEEE 802.11 Wireless Local
Area Network (WLAN), but other applications such as LAN access over
Bluetooth might also be considered in the future.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-pppext-eap-tls-eap-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-josefsson-pppext-eap-tls-eap-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-josefsson-pppext-eap-tls-eap-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.