Subject: Implementation Survey for LCP MIB (RFC 1471)

From: Karl Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 21:24:04 -0400

Thanks to Mike MacFaden <[email-masked]> for developing this survey, 
and my apologies to him for letting it sit on the shelf for so long.

Thanks also to Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]> from whom I lifted most 
of the introductory text.

                        LCP MIB Implementation Survey

Please fill this out and return it to [email-masked] by October 27, 
2002.

For the LCP MIB (RFC 1471) to advance to Draft Standard, every feature must 
have at least two independent implementations, or must be cut from the 
draft.  Please read these directions carefully and email your answers to me 
directly, not to the list.

I only need a reply to this if your implementation is INDEPENDENT, that is, 
not based on another implementation. If you started out once upon a time 
with another code base and eventually replaced all the code with fresh code, 
that counts as independent.  If you did your implementation from scratch, 
better yet.

Please provide contact information and fill out the Company, Product and 
Version fields following their colons, and mark the features with a Y or N 
*before* the feature, and keep the spelling and order exactly as they are 
here (so I can automate processing the results). Lines starting with __ and 
blank lines should not be marked.  Lines starting with a # take a numeric or 
other non-binary response; if you have a number to respond with, put your 
number before the # sign.

Y means you support that feature in your implementation NOW, N means you do 
not.  No fair saying that you'll be adding it later; it has to be in your 
implementation that's already done and is being used somewhere, although 
beta or experimental software counts as in use, as long as its actually 
running.

If you make different kinds of devices but they use the same LCP MIB 
implementation, you only need to send me an entry for one.

Thank you,

Karl Fox <[email-masked]>
PPPEXT Working Group Chair

----------------------------------------

__                        LCP MIB Implementation Survey

Contact name:
Contact email address:
Contact phone number:
Company name:
Product Name:
Product Version:

__ Tables Supported
pppLinkStatusTable supported
pppLinkConfigTable supported read-write
pppLinkConfigTable supported, but read-only
pppLqrTable supported
pppLqrConfigTable supported read-write
pppLqrConfigTable supported, but read-only
pppLqrExtnsTable supported

__ IF-MIB Table behavior
For any PPP rows created in the PPP-LCP-MIB do you populate the ifTable 
__ with ifEntries of ifType ppp(23)?

# If you answered N to the previous question, what does your agent return to 
__ a get of pppLinkStatusPhysicalIndex?