Subject: Implementation Survey for PPP Security MIB (RFC 1472)

From: Karl Fox <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 21:26:36 -0400

Thanks to Mike MacFaden <[email-masked]> for developing this survey, 
and my apologies to him for letting it sit on the shelf for so long.

Thanks also to Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]> from whom I lifted most 
of the introductory text.

                        PPP Security MIB Implementation Survey

Please fill this out and return it to [email-masked] by October 27, 
2002.

For the PPP SEC MIB (RFC 1472) to advance to Draft Standard, every feature 
must have at least two independent implementations, or must be cut from the 
draft.  Please read these directions carefully and email your answers to me 
directly, not to the list.

I only need a reply to this if your implementation is INDEPENDENT, that is, 
not based on another implementation. If you started out once upon a time 
with another code base and eventually replaced all the code with fresh code, 
that counts as independent.  If you did your implementation from scratch, 
better yet.

Please provide contact information and fill out the Company, Product and 
Version fields following their colons, and mark the features with a Y or N 
*before* the feature, and keep the spelling and order exactly as they are 
here (so I can automate processing the results). Lines starting with __ and 
blank lines should not be marked.  Lines starting with a # take a numeric or 
other non-binary response; if you have a number to respond with, put your 
number before the # sign.

Y means you support that feature in your implementation NOW, N means you do 
not.  No fair saying that you'll be adding it later; it has to be in your 
implementation that's already done and is being used somewhere, although 
beta or experimental software counts as in use, as long as its actually 
running.

If you make different kinds of devices but they use the same PPP Security MIB 
implementation, you only need to send me an entry for one.

Thank you,

Karl Fox <[email-masked]>
PPPEXT Working Group Chair

----------------------------------------

__                        PPP Security MIB Implementation Survey

Contact name:
Contact email address:
Contact phone number:
Company name:
Product Name:
Product Version:

__ Tables Supported
pppSecurityConfigTable supported read-write
pppSecurityConfigTable supported, but read-only
pppSecuritySecretsTable supported read-write
pppSecuritySecretsTable supported, but read-only

__ Which OIDs are supported for pppSecuritySecretsProtocol?  List them.
# OID 1
# OID 2
# OID 3