Subject: Re: [ppsp] New draft about P2P Layered Streaming for HeterogeneousNetworks in PPSP

From: "Y.J. Gu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 17:28:58 +0800

Hi kent,
Good job!
Some comments to the draft. 
1 section 3.1, Fig 1, what does Chunk ID-i in content status on Tracker
represent, 1) the i-the Chunk of all the chunks or 2)the chunk on the i-th
layer. I guess it should 1), but 'i' has been used to represent layer-i in
other places of the draft, so I think use another letter, e.g. 'k', can
avoid confusion.
 
2 Could you give some example of Layer Information, what does it look like,
what should be included.
3 

4.3. PUT-CHUNK (Put Chunk Information) into Tracker

   When a peer puts its chunk information, the tracker will reply an ACK.

   The chunk information keeps the layer number and the bitfield

   information for each layer in each chunk.

The red word confuses me. What's the relationship between chunk and layer?
Do chunks belong to respective layers, or there are different layers in one
chunk. Could provide more information? 
 
4 

4.4. GET-PEERLIST (Peer Selection)

   The helpful neighbors of a peer should be those with equal or higher

   layer peers. When a peer sends the GET-PEERLIST request, the numbers

   of active layers of the peer should be included in the request

   message.

What does active layers means?Does it mean the layers the requesting peer
wants? 

Regards

Yingjie Gu

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Kang
Heng WU
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:44 PM
To: zhangyunfei; [email-masked]
Cc: Lei Zhibin James; Dah Ming Chiu
Subject: [ppsp] New draft about P2P Layered Streaming for
HeterogeneousNetworks in PPSP

Hi Yunfei,

We would like to request a time slot to present our draft "P2P Layered
Streaming for Heterogeneous Networks in PPSP". The attached document is the
draft. 

The abstract of the draft is as follows.

The scenarios where a Peer-to-Peer Streaming Protocol (PPSP) contains
heterogeneous nodes need special considerations. For example, mobile
devices, PCs and set-top boxes may all need to access and provide service
for the same content. To support heterogeneity and maximize the total
network utilization, it may be necessary to have layered coding of content
to achieve desired results. This document defines the Layered P2P Streaming
in PPSP with support for heterogeneous peer nodes.

Thanks,

Kangheng

  _____  

This message (including any attachments) is for the named addressee(s)'s use
only. It may contain sensitive, confidential, private proprietary or legally
privileged information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and
is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please
immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any
hard copies of it and notify the sender. Any use, disclosure, copying, or
distribution of this message and/or any attachments is strictly prohibited. 
  _____

---

From: "Kang Heng WU" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:18:48 +0800

Hi Yingjie,

I try to answer your questions as follows.

Thanks,

Kent

-----Original Message-----
From: Y.J. Gu [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 5:29 PM
To: Kang Heng WU; 'zhangyunfei'; [email-masked]
Cc: Lei Zhibin James; 'Dah Ming Chiu'
Subject: RE: [ppsp] New draft about P2P Layered Streaming for

Hi kent,

Good job!

1 section 3.1, Fig 1, what does Chunk ID-i in content status on Tracker
represent, 1) the i-the Chunk of all the chunks or 2)the chunk on the
i-th layer. I guess it should 1), but 'i' has been used to represent
layer-i in other places of the draft, so I think use another letter,
e.g. 'k', can avoid confusion.

            Answer: OK. I will modify it in next version.

2 Could you give some example of Layer Information, what does it look
like, what should be included.

            Answer: We write a paragraph about the scenario in the
introduction section.

            "For example, lower resolution video can be sent to mobile
devices while higher resolution or high quality video is sent to PC or
STB players. However, in the P2P network, if there are too many
independent video data transmitting, the users' inbound and outbound
bandwidth will not be efficiently used [3]. Peers in different versions
will not help each other. The overall video quality received will not be
optimal." 

3 

   When a peer puts its chunk information, the tracker will reply an
ACK.

The red word confuses me. What's the relationship between chunk and
layer? Do chunks belong to respective layers, or there are different
layers in one chunk. Could provide more information?

            Answer: One chunk consists of data packets for several
layers (One is the base layer. The others are the enhanced layers). 

4 

   message.

What does active layers means?Doesit mean the layers the requesting peer
wants? 

Answer: The active layer mean that the peer selects the current layer.
According to the layer code, a higher layer can be decoded only if all
the lower layers are available. Therefore, the peer selection process
should consider the active layer.

Regards

Yingjie Gu

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Kang Heng WU

Hi Yunfei,

We would like to request a time slot to present our draft "P2P Layered
Streaming for Heterogeneous Networks in PPSP". The attached document is
the draft. 

The scenarios where a Peer-to-Peer Streaming Protocol (PPSP) contains
heterogeneous nodes need special considerations. For example, mobile
devices, PCs and set-top boxes may all need to access and provide
service for the same content. To support heterogeneity and maximize the
total network utilization, it may be necessary to have layered coding of
content to achieve desired results. This document defines the Layered
P2P Streaming in PPSP with support for heterogeneous peer nodes.

Thanks,

Kangheng

  _____  

This message (including any attachments) is for the named addressee(s)'s
use only. It may contain sensitive, confidential, private proprietary or
legally privileged information intended for a specific individual and
purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system,
destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. Any use,
disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message and/or any
attachments is strictly prohibited. 

  _____  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This message (including any attachments) is for the named
addressee(s)'s use only. It may contain sensitive, confidential,
private proprietary or legally privileged information intended for a
specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are
not the intended recipient, please immediately delete it and all copies
of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it
and notify the sender. Any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of
this message and/or any attachments is strictly prohibited.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

---

From: "Y.J. Gu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:16:42 +0800

Thank you kent.
Do you have implementation or experimental system for layered PPSP? Or is
this an academic study?

Regards

Yingjie Gu

  _____  

From: Kang Heng WU [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:19 PM
To: Y.J. Gu; zhangyunfei; [email-masked]
Cc: Lei Zhibin James; Dah Ming Chiu
Subject: RE: [ppsp] New draft about P2P Layered Streaming for
HeterogeneousNetworks in PPSP

Hi Yingjie,

Thanks,

Kent

-----Original Message-----
From: Y.J. Gu [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 5:29 PM
To: Kang Heng WU; 'zhangyunfei'; [email-masked]
Cc: Lei Zhibin James; 'Dah Ming Chiu'
Subject: RE: [ppsp] New draft about P2P Layered Streaming for

Hi kent,

Good job!

            "For example, lower resolution video can be sent to mobile
devices while higher resolution or high quality video is sent to PC or STB
players. However, in the P2P network, if there are too many independent
video data transmitting, the users' inbound and outbound bandwidth will not
be efficiently used [3]. Peers in different versions will not help each
other. The overall video quality received will not be optimal." 

3 

            Answer: One chunk consists of data packets for several layers
(One is the base layer. The others are the enhanced layers). 

4 

   message.

Answer: The active layer mean that the peer selects the current layer.
According to the layer code, a higher layer can be decoded only if all the
lower layers are available. Therefore, the peer selection process should
consider the active layer.

Regards

Yingjie Gu

  _____  

Hi Yunfei,

Thanks,

Kangheng

  _____  

  _____  

  _____

---

From: "Lei Zhibin James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 14:45:35 +0800

Dear Yingjie,
 
Yes, we do have a practical system and platform for supporting the
layered P2P streaming. 
 
Best regards
 
James Lei
ASTRI

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Y.J. Gu [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:17 PM
	To: Kang Heng WU; 'zhangyunfei'; [email-masked]
	Cc: Lei Zhibin James; dmchiu
	Subject: RE: [ppsp] New draft about P2P Layered Streaming for

	Thank you kent.
	Do you have implementation or experimental system for layered
PPSP? Or is this an academic study?

	Regards

	Yingjie Gu

________________________________

		From: Kang Heng WU [mailto:[email-masked]] 
		Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:19 PM
		To: Y.J. Gu; zhangyunfei; [email-masked]
		Cc: Lei Zhibin James; Dah Ming Chiu
		Subject: RE: [ppsp] New draft about P2P Layered
Streaming for HeterogeneousNetworks in PPSP

		Hi Yingjie,

		Thanks,

		Kent

		-----Original Message-----
		From: Y.J. Gu [mailto:[email-masked]] 
		Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 5:29 PM
		To: Kang Heng WU; 'zhangyunfei'; [email-masked]
		Cc: Lei Zhibin James; 'Dah Ming Chiu'
		Subject: RE: [ppsp] New draft about P2P Layered
Streaming for HeterogeneousNetworks in PPSP

		Hi kent,

		Good job!

		1 section 3.1, Fig 1, what does Chunk ID-i in content
status on Tracker represent, 1) the i-the Chunk of all the chunks or
2)the chunk on the i-th layer. I guess it should 1), but 'i' has been
used to represent layer-i in other places of the draft, so I think use
another letter, e.g. 'k', can avoid confusion.

		            Answer: OK. I will modify it in next
version.

		2 Could you give some example of Layer Information, what
does it look like, what should be included.

		            Answer: We write a paragraph about the
scenario in the introduction section.

		            "For example, lower resolution video can be
sent to mobile devices while higher resolution or high quality video is
sent to PC or STB players. However, in the P2P network, if there are too
many independent video data transmitting, the users' inbound and
outbound bandwidth will not be efficiently used [3]. Peers in different
versions will not help each other. The overall video quality received
will not be optimal." 

		3 

		   When a peer puts its chunk information, the tracker
will reply an ACK.

		   The chunk information keeps the layer number and the
bitfield

		The red word confuses me. What's the relationship
between chunk and layer? Do chunks belong to respective layers, or there
are different layers in one chunk. Could provide more information?

		            Answer: One chunk consists of data packets
for several layers (One is the base layer. The others are the enhanced
layers). 

		4 

		   The helpful neighbors of a peer should be those with
equal or higher

		   layer peers. When a peer sends the GET-PEERLIST
request, the numbers

		   of active layers of the peer should be included in
the request

		   message.

		What does active layers means?Doesit mean the layers the
requesting peer wants? 

		Answer: The active layer mean that the peer selects the
current layer. According to the layer code, a higher layer can be
decoded only if all the lower layers are available. Therefore, the peer
selection process should consider the active layer.

		Regards

		Yingjie Gu

________________________________

			From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Kang Heng WU
			Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:44 PM
			To: zhangyunfei; [email-masked]
			Cc: Lei Zhibin James; Dah Ming Chiu
			Subject: [ppsp] New draft about P2P Layered
Streaming for HeterogeneousNetworks in PPSP

			Hi Yunfei,

			We would like to request a time slot to present
our draft "P2P Layered Streaming for Heterogeneous Networks in PPSP".
The attached document is the draft. 

			The scenarios where a Peer-to-Peer Streaming
Protocol (PPSP) contains heterogeneous nodes need special
considerations. For example, mobile devices, PCs and set-top boxes may
all need to access and provide service for the same content. To support
heterogeneity and maximize the total network utilization, it may be
necessary to have layered coding of content to achieve desired results.
This document defines the Layered P2P Streaming in PPSP with support for
heterogeneous peer nodes.

			Thanks,

			Kangheng

			
________________________________

			This message (including any attachments) is for
the named addressee(s)'s use only. It may contain sensitive,
confidential, private proprietary or legally privileged information
intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.
If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
notify the sender. Any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this
message and/or any attachments is strictly prohibited. 

________________________________

________________________________

		This message (including any attachments) is for the
named addressee(s)'s use only. It may contain sensitive, confidential,
private proprietary or legally privileged information intended for a
specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not
the intended recipient, please immediately delete it and all copies of
it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the
sender. Any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message
and/or any attachments is strictly prohibited. 
________________________________

---

From: JeffreyHo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:14:09 +0800

It seems that this draft can't be found at the formal PPSP Status Page in
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ppsp/
Should it be submitted to there?
Thanks.

  _____ 

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lei
Zhibin James
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:46 PM
To: Y.J. Gu; Kang Heng WU; zhangyunfei; [email-masked]
Cc: dmchiu
Subject: Re: [ppsp] New draft about P2P Layered Streaming
forHeterogeneousNetworks in PPSP

Dear Yingjie,

Yes, we do have a practical system and platform for supporting the layered
P2P streaming.

Best regards

James Lei
ASTRI

-----Original Message-----
From: Y.J. Gu [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:17 PM
To: Kang Heng WU; 'zhangyunfei'; [email-masked]
Cc: Lei Zhibin James; dmchiu
Subject: RE: [ppsp] New draft about P2P Layered Streaming for

Thank you kent.

Regards

Yingjie Gu

  _____ 

Hi Yingjie,

Thanks,

Kent

-----Original Message-----
From: Y.J. Gu [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 5:29 PM
To: Kang Heng WU; 'zhangyunfei'; [email-masked]
Cc: Lei Zhibin James; 'Dah Ming Chiu'
Subject: RE: [ppsp] New draft about P2P Layered Streaming for

Hi kent,

Good job!

            “For example, lower resolution video can be sent to mobile
devices while higher resolution or high quality video is sent to PC or STB
players. However, in the P2P network, if there are too many independent
video data transmitting, the users’ inbound and outbound bandwidth will not
be efficiently used [3]. Peers in different versions will not help each
other. The overall video quality received will not be optimal.”

3

4

   message.

Regards

Yingjie Gu

  _____ 

Hi Yunfei,

Thanks,

Kangheng

  _____ 

  _____ 

  _____ 

  _____ 

本信件可能包含工研院機密資訊，非指定之收件者，請勿使用或揭露本信件內容，並請銷毀此信件。
This email may contain confidential information. Please do not use or disclose it in any way and delete it if you are not the intended recipient.

---

From: "zhangyunfei" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:42:27 +0800

The following link is valid.http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ppsp/current/msg00539.html

Hi James,please submit the draft in the official website.Thanks.

BR
Yunfei

zhangyunfei
2010-04-27

发件人： JeffreyHo
发送时间： 2010-04-27 15:14:14
收件人： 'Lei Zhibin James'; [email-masked]
抄送： 
主题： Re: [ppsp] New draft about P2P LayeredStreamingforHeterogeneousNetworks in PPSP

It seems that this draft can't be found at the formal PPSP Status Page in http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ppsp/
Should it be submitted to there?
Thanks.

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lei Zhibin James
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:46 PM
To: Y.J. Gu; Kang Heng WU; zhangyunfei; [email-masked]
Cc: dmchiu
Subject: Re: [ppsp] New draft about P2P Layered Streaming forHeterogeneousNetworks in PPSP

Dear Yingjie,

Yes, we do have a practical system and platform for supporting the layered P2P streaming. 

Best regards

James Lei
ASTRI
-----Original Message-----
From: Y.J. Gu [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:17 PM
To: Kang Heng WU; 'zhangyunfei'; [email-masked]
Cc: Lei Zhibin James; dmchiu
Subject: RE: [ppsp] New draft about P2P Layered Streaming for HeterogeneousNetworks in PPSP

Thank you kent.
Do you have implementation or experimental system for layered PPSP? Or is this an academic study?

Regards
Yingjie Gu

Subject: RE: [ppsp] New draft about P2P Layered Streaming for HeterogeneousNetworks in PPSP

Hi Yingjie,

Thanks,
Kent

-----Original Message-----
From: Y.J. Gu [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 5:29 PM
To: Kang Heng WU; 'zhangyunfei'; [email-masked]
Cc: Lei Zhibin James; 'Dah Ming Chiu'
Subject: RE: [ppsp] New draft about P2P Layered Streaming for HeterogeneousNetworks in PPSP

Hi kent,
Good job!
Some comments to the draft. 
1 section 3.1, Fig 1, what does Chunk ID-i in content status on Tracker represent, 1) the i-the Chunk of all the chunks or 2)the chunk on the i-th layer. I guess it should 1), but 'i' has been used to represent layer-i in other places of the draft, so I think use another letter, e.g. 'k', can avoid confusion.
            Answer: OK. I will modify it in next version.

2 Could you give some example of Layer Information, what does it look like, what should be included.
            Answer: We write a paragraph about the scenario in the introduction section.
            “For example, lower resolution video can be sent to mobile devices while higher resolution or high quality video is sent to PC or STB players. However, in the P2P network, if there are too many independent video data transmitting, the users’ inbound and outbound bandwidth will not be efficiently used [3]. Peers in different versions will not help each other. The overall video quality received will not be optimal.” 

3 

The red word confuses me. What's the relationship between chunk and layer? Do chunks belong to respective layers, or there are different layers in one chunk. Could provide more information?
            Answer: One chunk consists of data packets for several layers (One is the base layer. The others are the enhanced layers). 

4 

What does active layers means?Doesit mean the layers the requesting peer wants? 
Answer: The active layer mean that the peer selects the current layer. According to the layer code, a higher layer can be decoded only if all the lower layers are available. Therefore, the peer selection process should consider the active layer.

Regards
Yingjie Gu

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Kang Heng WU
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:44 PM
To: zhangyunfei; [email-masked]
Cc: Lei Zhibin James; Dah Ming Chiu
Subject: [ppsp] New draft about P2P Layered Streaming for HeterogeneousNetworks in PPSP
Hi Yunfei,

We would like to request a time slot to present our draft "P2P Layered Streaming for Heterogeneous Networks in PPSP". The attached document is the draft. 

The abstract of the draft is as follows.
The scenarios where a Peer-to-Peer Streaming Protocol (PPSP) contains heterogeneous nodes need special considerations. For example, mobile devices, PCs and set-top boxes may all need to access and provide service for the same content. To support heterogeneity and maximize the total network utilization, it may be necessary to have layered coding of content to achieve desired results. This document defines the Layered P2P Streaming in PPSP with support for heterogeneous peer nodes.

Thanks,
Kangheng

This message (including any attachments) is for the named addressee(s)'s use only. It may contain sensitive, confidential, private proprietary or legally privileged information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. Any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message and/or any attachments is strictly prohibited. 

This message (including any attachments) is for the named addressee(s)'s use only. It may contain sensitive, confidential, private proprietary or legally privileged information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. Any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message and/or any attachments is strictly prohibited. 

This message (including any attachments) is for the named addressee(s)'s use only. It may contain sensitive, confidential, private proprietary or legally privileged information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. Any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message and/or any attachments is strictly prohibited.

---

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 13:50:56 -0400

the official website for submitting a draft is at https://datatracker.
ietf.org/idst/upload.cgi
 
dbh

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of zhangyunfei
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 3:42 AM
To: JeffreyHo; 'Lei Zhibin James'; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [ppsp] New draft about
P2PLayeredStreamingforHeterogeneousNetworks in PPSP

The following link is
valid.http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ppsp/current/msg00539.html

BR
Yunfei

  _____  

zhangyunfei
2010-04-27

  _____  

发件人： JeffreyHo
发送时间： 2010-04-27 15:14:14
收件人： 'Lei Zhibin James'; [email-masked]
抄送： 
主题： Re: [ppsp] New draft about P2P
LayeredStreamingforHeterogeneousNetworks in PPSP

It seems that this draft can't be found at the formal PPSP Status Page
in http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ppsp/
Should it be submitted to there?
Thanks.

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Lei Zhibin James

Dear Yingjie,

Best regards
 
James Lei
ASTRI

-----Original Message-----
From: Y.J. Gu [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:17 PM
To: Kang Heng WU; 'zhangyunfei'; [email-masked]
Cc: Lei Zhibin James; dmchiu
Subject: RE: [ppsp] New draft about P2P Layered Streaming for

Thank you kent.
Do you have implementation or experimental system for layered PPSP? Or
is this an academic study?

Regards

Yingjie Gu

  _____  

Hi Yingjie,

Thanks,

Kent

-----Original Message-----
From: Y.J. Gu [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 5:29 PM
To: Kang Heng WU; 'zhangyunfei'; [email-masked]
Cc: Lei Zhibin James; 'Dah Ming Chiu'
Subject: RE: [ppsp] New draft about P2P Layered Streaming for

Hi kent,

Good job!

1 section 3.1, Fig 1, what does Chunk ID-i in content status on
Tracker represent, 1) the i-the Chunk of all the chunks or 2)the chunk
on the i-th layer. I guess it should 1), but 'i' has been used to
represent layer-i in other places of the draft, so I think use another
letter, e.g. 'k', can avoid confusion.

            “For example, lower resolution video can be sent to
mobile devices while higher resolution or high quality video is sent
to PC or STB players. However, in the P2P network, if there are too
many independent video data transmitting, the users’ inbound and
outbound bandwidth will not be efficiently used [3]. Peers in
different versions will not help each other. The overall video quality
received will not be optimal.” 

3 

 

4 

   The helpful neighbors of a peer should be those with equal or
higher

   layer peers. When a peer sends the GET-PEERLIST request, the
numbers

   message.

What does active layers means?Doesit mean the layers the requesting
peer wants? 

 

Regards

Yingjie Gu

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Kang Heng WU

Hi Yunfei,

We would like to request a time slot to present our draft "P2P Layered
Streaming for Heterogeneous Networks in PPSP". The attached document
is the draft. 

The scenarios where a Peer-to-Peer Streaming Protocol (PPSP) contains
heterogeneous nodes need special considerations. For example, mobile
devices, PCs and set-top boxes may all need to access and provide
service for the same content. To support heterogeneity and maximize
the total network utilization, it may be necessary to have layered
coding of content to achieve desired results. This document defines
the Layered P2P Streaming in PPSP with support for heterogeneous peer
nodes.

Thanks,

Kangheng

  _____  

This message (including any attachments) is for the named
addressee(s)'s use only. It may contain sensitive, confidential,
private proprietary or legally privileged information intended for a
specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are
not the intended recipient, please immediately delete it and all
copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
notify the sender. Any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of
this message and/or any attachments is strictly prohibited. 

  _____  

  _____  

This message (including any attachments) is for the named
addressee(s)'s use only. It may contain sensitive, confidential,
private proprietary or legally privileged information intended for a
specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are
not the intended recipient, please immediately delete it and all
copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
notify the sender. Any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of
this message and/or any attachments is strictly prohibited. 
  _____  

  _____  

This message (including any attachments) is for the named
addressee(s)'s use only. It may contain sensitive, confidential,
private proprietary or legally privileged information intended for a
specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are
not the intended recipient, please immediately delete it and all
copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and
notify the sender. Any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of
this message and/or any attachments is strictly prohibited. 
  _____