Subject: Re: [ppsp] New draft about P2P CDN

From: 刘玉婷 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 18:27:53 +0800

Hi，li

I have two questions :

1. In 4.2 you mentioned , with P2P algorithms ,content source can store
massive contents in the storage overlay reliably, which reduces the overhead
of maintaining content sources.

How does storage overlay reduce the overhead of maintaining content sources?
What kinds of overhead?

2. According to the draft-chen-ppsp-dht-chunk-discovery-evaluation-00.txt
and draft-hu-ppsp-tracker-dht-performance-comparison-01.txt, the performance
evaluation has proved that DHT or RELOAD is not suitable for the chunk
discovery in P2P streaming especially the live media streaming. For example,
if the chunk location changes dynamically in the live media scenario, the
DHT tracker for chunk discovery might be not suitable for chunk location
refreshing and maintaining.

Has your P2P CDN consider this performance considerations in dynamic
scenarios?

Thanks.

Liu yuting

Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications

Mobile lIfe and New mEdia(MINE) Lab