Subject: Re: [ppsp] New draft about P2P CDN

From: 刘玉婷 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 17:53:54 +0800

Hi，li

I have two questions :

1. In 4.2 you mentioned , with P2P algorithms ,content source can store
massive contents in the storage overlay reliably, which reduces the overhead
of maintaining content sources.

How does storage overlay reduce the overhead of maintaining content sources?
What kinds of overhead?

2. According to the draft-chen-ppsp-dht-chunk-discovery-evaluation-00.txt
and draft-hu-ppsp-tracker-dht-performance-comparison-01.txt, the performance
evaluation has proved that DHT or RELOAD is not suitable for the chunk
discovery in P2P streaming especially the live media streaming. For example,
if the chunk location changes dynamically in the live media scenario, the
DHT tracker for chunk discovery might be not suitable for chunk location
refreshing and maintaining.

Has your P2P CDN consider this performance considerations in dynamic
scenarios?

Thanks.

Liu yuting

Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications

Mobile lIfe and New mEdia(MINE) Lab

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:31:00 +0800

Hi, Yuting

Please see inline.

BR
Lichun

刘玉婷 <[email-masked]> 
2010-04-09 17:53

收件人
[email-masked]
抄送
[email-masked], [email-masked], 马涛 <[email-masked]>
主题
Re: [ppsp] New draft about P2P CDN

Hi，li
I have two questions :
 
1. In 4.2 you mentioned , with P2P algorithms ,content source can store 
massive contents in the storage overlay reliably, which reduces the 
overhead of maintaining content sources. 
 
How does storage overlay reduce the overhead of maintaining content 
sources? What kinds of overhead?

[Li] With the storage overlay's service provided by CDN provider, content 
provider or service provider doesn't have to maintain a very reliable 
content source server itself.
Content source server's failing doesn't affect CSC downloading content, 
because storage overlay has stored content in a reliable way. 
 
2. According to the draft-chen-ppsp-dht-chunk-discovery-evaluation-00.txt 
and draft-hu-ppsp-tracker-dht-performance-comparison-01.txt, the 
performance evaluation has proved that DHT or RELOAD is not suitable for 
the chunk discovery in P2P streaming especially the live media streaming. 
For example, if the chunk location changes dynamically in the live media 
scenario, the DHT tracker for chunk discovery might be not suitable for 
chunk location refreshing and maintaining.
 
Has your P2P CDN consider this performance considerations in dynamic 
scenarios?
[Li] Those two drafts evaluate multi-hop DHT. However, I think one-hop DHT 
is more suitable for tracker overlay, as one-hop DHT performs much better 
than multi-hop DHT in server farm.
 
Thanks.
 
Liu yuting

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.