Subject: [ppsp] [10-Day Reminder] P2P-NVE 2010 (Deadline: August 20, 2010)

From: p2pnve2010 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:57:21 +0800

Dear Colleagues,

Please be advised that the paper submission deadline of “The 4th
International Workshop on
Peer-to-Peer Networked Virtual Environments (P2P-NVE 2010)” is 10 days away.
P2P-NVE 2010
will be held in conjunction with ”The 16th International Conference on
Parallel and Distributed
Systems (ICPADS 2010),” held on December 8-10, 2010 in Shanghai, China.
Please
submit your papers soon and help distribute the CFP attached. All Accepted
papers will be published by IEEE Press (indexed by EI) and will be included
in IEEE Xplore.

Best regards,
Jehn-Ruey Jiang
Program Chair of P2P-NVE 2010

=============================================================================
Call for Papers

The 4th International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Networked Virtual
Environments (P2P-NVE 2010)
in conjunction with
The 16th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems
(ICPADS 2010)
December 8 -10, 2010
Shanghai, China
*http://acnlab.csie.ncu.edu.tw/P2PNVE2010/*

=============================================================================
PURPOSE AND SCOPE

A networked virtual environment (NVE), also known as a distributed virtual
environment (DVE) or collaborative virtual environment (CVE), is a
computer-generated virtual world where multiple users can assume virtual
representatives (or avatars) to concurrently interact with each other via
networked links. Examples of NVEs include early DARPA SIMNET and DIS systems
as well as currently booming Massively Multiplayer Online Games (MMOGs).
Some recent studies propose using P2P architectures to increase NVE
scalability and to reduce NVE management and deployment costs. Typical
examples of such studies are P2P voice chatting, P2P 3D streaming, P2P game
state management, and so on. In spite of the success of the studies, we need
more studies about state consistency control, persistent data storage,
multimedia data dissemination, cheat-prevention, topology mismatching, and
virtual world interoperability to construct NVEs of better performance.

The 1st, 2nd and 3rd International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Networked
Virtual Environments were held in conjunction with the 13th, 14th and 15th
International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems in 2007, 2008
and 2009, respectively. To adhere to the theme of P2P-NVE workshops, the
theme of P2P-NVE 2010 is to solicit original and previously unpublished new
ideas on general P2P schemes as well as on the design and realization of P2P
NVEs. The workshop aims to facilitate discussions and idea exchanges by both
academics and practitioners. Authors are invited to submit an electronic
version of original, unpublished manuscripts, not to exceed 8
double-columned, single-spaced pages, to the workshop. Submitted papers
should be in accordance with IEEE Computer Society guidelines, and will be
refereed by reviewers in terms of relevance, originality, contribution,
correctness, and presentation.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

-   P2P systems and infrastructures
-   Applications of P2P systems
-   Performance evaluation of P2P systems
-   Trust and security issues in P2P systems
-   Network support for P2P systems
-   Fault tolerance in P2P systems
-   Data structures for P2P systems
-   Efficient P2P resource lookup and sharing
-   Distributed Hash Tables (DHTs) and related issues
-   Solutions to topology mismatching for P2P overlays
-   P2P overlays for NVEs
-   P2P NVE multicast
-   P2P NVE interoperability
-   P2P NVE content distribution
-   P2P NVE 3D streaming
-   P2P NVE voice communications
-   P2P NVE architecture designs
-   P2P NVE prototypes
-   P2P NVE consistency control
-   Persistent storage for P2P NVEs
-   Security and cheat-prevention mechanisms for P2P games
-   P2P control for mobile NVEs
-   P2P NVE applications on mobile devices

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission:     August 20, 2010
Notification:     September 15, 2010
Camera ready:   October 1, 2010

PAPER SUBMISSION

Authors are invited to submit an electronic version of original, unpublished
manuscripts, not to exceed 8 double-columned, single-spaced pages, to the
workshop. Submitted papers should be in PDF format in accordance with IEEE
Computer Society guidelines, and will be refereed by reviewers in terms of
originality, contribution, correctness, and presentation.