Subject: MPLS 2002 (www.mpls2002.com) Program Details

From: "Kavita Khanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:35:28 -0400

The program for the MPLS 2002 International Conference (http://www.mpls2002.com)
is detailed below. The conference website has been updated with abstract
and bio details (http://www.mpls2002.com/sessions.htm)

Tutorials - Sunday, October 27, 2002
 - Introduction To MPLS: S. Poretsky, Avici Systems
 - Label Distribution Protocol: E. Chen & R. Aggarwal, Redback Networks
 - Traffic Engineering: J. Boyle, PDNets
 - Optical Networks: D. Awduche, Isocore Corp.
 - MPLS Restoration: A. Sayeed & Dr. A. Charny, Cisco Systems
 - GMPLS Recovery: D. Papadimitriou, Alcatel

Technical Sessions - Monday, October 28, 2002
 - Building a Native Data Network for Corporate VPNs: L. Andersson, Utfors
 - MPLS Traffic Engineering and MPLS Fast Reroute within Equant's Network:
Z. Ahmad, Equant
 - Multi-QoS Reliable MPLS Networks: H. Komura, NTT
 - MPLS Interoperability: Milestones and Progress: B. Jabbari, Isocore
 - Providing Fast convergence and Bandwidth protection with MPLS Traffic
Engineering Fast Reroute: J. P. Vasseur, Cisco Systems
 - Dynamics of Restoration and Convergence in MPLS/TE: C. Villamizar & R.
Khanna, Avici Systems
 - Multi-Layer Restoration: G. Grammel, Alcatel
 - MPLS Resiliency and Graceful Recovery: R. Aggarwal, Redback Networks
 - From Pseudowires to Layer 2 VPNs: B. Davie, Cisco Systems
 - BGP-based Layer 2 VPNs: K. Kompella, Juniper Networks
 - MPLS: The missing link for delivering Metro Ethernet and ATM Services:
G. Leonard, Riverstone Networks
 - Architectural Considerations for Delivering Scalable Transparent LAN
Services (VPLS) over MPLS: S. Khandekar, TiMetra Networks
 - Layer 2 Interworking between Ethernet, Frame Relay, and ATM: A. Malis,
Vivace Networks
 - A New Paradigm for Layer 3 VPNs: R. Chandra, Redback Networks
 - Improving the Scability of MPLS based VPNs by Extending MPLS to an Aggregation
Router between PE and CE: A. Kankkunen, Tellabs
 - Speed, Scale, and Services at the Network Edge Using MPLS Based VPNs:
E. Gray, Celox Networks
 - MPLS based VPNs with Voice Applications: B. Goode, ATT

Technical Sessions - Tuesday, October 29, 2002
 - MPLS Architecture Considerations for Operations and Management: G. Swallow,
Cisco Systems
 - MPLS OAM: Challenges and Opportunities: D. Allan, Nortel Networks
 - Next Generation Network Management for MPLS-based Services: G. Dixon,
Laurel Networks
 - Integrating NAT and Stateful Firewalls with RFC 2547-based PEs: V. Srinivasan,
Cosine Communications
 - Warning: MPLS is not Secure: M. Barsoum, Quarry Technologies
 - Security and Protection of PE-CE Interface: C. Chase, ATT Technologies
 - Characterization and Representation of Impairements for Routing in All-Optical
Networks: D.O. Awduche, Isocore
 - GMPLS-based Photonic Backbone Network: N. Yamanaka, NTT
 - Routing and Wavelength Assignment Using GMPLS: J. Lang, Calient Networks
 - Interoperability of O-UNI and GMPLS Protocols: Z. Ali and K. Sage, Cisco
Systems
 - GMPLS for Hierarchical and Hybrid Optical networks: S. Araki, NEC
 - Packet Optical Integration: D. Fedyk, Nortel Networks
 - Diff-Serv-Aware MPLS Traffic Engineering and its Applications: F. Le
Faucheur, Cisco Systems
 - Online Traffic Engineering with Design-Based Routing: I. Widjaja, I.
Saniee, A. Elwalid, and D. Mitra, Lucent Technologies
 - MPLS QoS Performance Evaluation: K. Owens, Erlang Technologies
 - Characterizing MPLS based VPNs: Capabilites and Role of Core Routers:
R. Papneja, Avici Systems and V. Sharma, Metanoia, Inc.
 - Traffic Engineering Considerations in GMPLS Networks: Y. Xue
 - Emerging New GMPLS-based Optical VPNs: H. Ould-Brahim, Nortel Networks
 - The Emergence of a Multiprotocol Core: A. Missing, Alcatel