Subject: Re: [PWE3] Re: Bridge or

From: Danny McPherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 17:13:31 -0700

Cheng-yin,
For the benefit of myself and the rest of the WG, before we continue this 
discussion could provide us with a pointer to some (publicly accessible) 
specification or set of specifications that define the terms you're 
employing?  I had thought we were in synch but this is apparently not
the case.

I think part of the problem here is that some of us tend to employ words and
phrases much more loosely than others (or are not as attached, depending on 
how one looks at it), and this is introducing some confusion.  If you'll provide 
a pointer I'll work with Stewart, Eric & others to ensure we're aligned 
(where we need to be).  

We'll also provide a bit more description on the forwarder and NSP functions
we keep referring to.

And one other note...  This'll be my last cross-posting (i.e., PWE3 & PPVPN), 
I'll move this discussion to the pwe3 list.

Thanks...

-danny

> I am puzzled too. Where will the above so-called NSPs functions be specified?
> 
> BTW,  if you agree with Juergen, it's option (a),  not (b).  In Option (a), which
> I believe is the technically correct thing to do in PWE3, we can use IEEE specs
> in some of the emulation blocks as well, it doesn't mean PWE3 need to specify
> them.