Subject: Re: [PWE3] Re: Bridge or

From: Danny McPherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 14:59:45 -0700

> Eric Rosen:

...

> But I'm still puzzled as to whether there is an actual issue here that needs
> resolution. 

This would be my point as well.  I think we're arguing more over
semantics rather than any actual issue.

-danny

---

From: Muneyoshi Suzuki <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 14:08:09 +0900

Danny,

> semantics rather than any actual issue.

LAN products support MAC frame forwarding as well as Bridge protocols
such as STP/RSTP/MSTP and GARP/GMRP/GVRP and MAC control protocols
such as PAUSE and LCAP. Handling rules for these protocols in a Bridge
or LAN are completely different. Therefore, to verify conformity with
existing LAN products, semantics must be clarified first.

Otherwise, why can we claim that the PW conforms with existing LAN
standards?

Thanks,

Muneyoshi Suzuki