Subject: [precis] IETF81 Quebec draft agenda

From: Yoshiro YONEYA <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:42:54 +0900

Dear all,

Following is draft agenda for IETF 81 Quebec City.  Please send 
comments/additions/changes to the chairs.

1. Administrativia
2. Problem-statement
3. Framework
4. Next steps

Marc & Yoneya, co-chairs

-- 
Yoshiro YONEYA <[email-masked]>

---

From: Yoshiro YONEYA <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 14:50:20 +0900

Dear all,

Following is draft minutes of IETF 81 Quebec City.  Please review 
and give your comments to the chairs.

IETF81 Precis wg meeting minutes
Quebec City, Canada
2011-07-28 13:00-14:30

Problem Statement

  - Blobclass is useful for a string not to process at all, is a
    distinction from freeclass.
  - Table in Appendix A is useful.
  - Next steps is to include the stringprep references reviews.

Framework

  - SecretClass should allow symbols and punctuations, and clear
    guidance will be helpful.
    Suggestion to have an IETF BCP on i18n passwords.
    Given that the base class might be used by many IETF protocols, 
    defining the allowed set of codepoints shall be defined by 
    security community.
  - Bidi rule is refering RFC 5983.
  - Usefullness of subclassing is up to precis customers.
  - Chairs should assign someone to research and get some general
    answers to mappings.
  - For confusables, document should explicitly mention about
    registration policy.
    Issue of multiple version of unicode in different clients and 
    what to do.  Should be written somewhere.
    The charter talks about guidance.  Might need to move around 
    text between framework and guidance document.
  - Consensus on adopting framework document as WG document.
  - Next step is to do a new rev with draft-ietf-precis and then 
    forward to security community for input on secretclass.

Marc & Yoneya, co-chairs