Subject: PMP> Finisher MIB I-D has expired (and been removed)

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 14:50:24 -0800

Hi Ron Bergman,

Browsing the I-D repository (ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts)
just now, I noticed that the most recent Finisher MIB I-D has
expired (and been removed by the I-D Editor).

Are we going to publish a new I-D?

Have you (Ron) heard anything back from Ned Freed or Patrik
Faltstrom (the IETF Applications Area Directors) about moving
the Printer MIB v2 into IETF 'last call'?

Implementors at both Sharp and Xerox keep asking me about the
IETF status/progress of Printer MIB v2 and Finisher MIB, but
there has been no visible progress.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald, consulting architect at Sharp and Xerox
  High North Inc

---

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:26:22 -0800

Hi Ron,

It may be referenced by 'www.ops.ietf.org', but it's GONE.

Perhaps we should issue a new draft (which has a correct
reference to the much later version of Printer MIB v2,
for example)?  There is precedent in IETF procedures for
doing this (I'm just about to do so for the LDAP Printer
Schema to correct the references to IPP/1.1 now that
RFC 2910 and RFC 2911 have been issued).

Cheers,

-----Original Message-----
From: Bergman, Ron [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2000 2:18 PM
To: 'McDonald, Ira'; [email-masked]'; [email-masked]'
Subject: RE: PMP> Finisher MIB I-D has expired (and been removed)

Ira,

I just checked and you are correct, it has been removed.
However, it is still referenced on the www.ops.ietf.org
list. 

I have been communicating with Patrik Faltstom, and both
MIBs are on the agenda.  Right now they are looking for
reviewers for both documents.

	Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: McDonald, Ira [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2000 2:50 PM
To: [email-masked]'; [email-masked]'
Subject: PMP> Finisher MIB I-D has expired (and been removed)

Hi Ron Bergman,

Cheers,