Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> Formal Vote on the Schema for the PWG Semantic Model

From: "Zehler, Peter" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 10:12:15 -0500

Greetings: 
The "PWG Semantic Model Schema" has completed Last Call with no open issues.
Therefore I am submitting the schema for PWG approval by FORMAL VOTE. 

This schema is composed of many files that collectively define the PWG
Semantic Model Schema.   They are available at the PWG Semantic Model web
page under the "Documents" section in a section titled "Semantic Model
Schema: Latest Version" (See  http://www.pwg.org/sm <http://www.pwg.org/sm>
)   Included at the end of this note are the links to the PWG Semantic Model
Schema.

Note that one edit is outstanding:
		1)	Use PWG approved namespace. (Will be resolved under
separate cover)

Send votes (one per company) to the ISTO in care of Ami Patel and please
copy me. 
[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]?Subject=Re:%20PWG-ANNOUNCE%3e%20FORMAL%20VOTE%20O
N%20the%20Web%20Based%20Monitoring%20and%20Management%20Working%20Group%20Ch
arter%26In-Reply-To=[email-masked]
m%3e> 
[email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]?Subject=Re:%20PWG-ANNOUNCE%3e%20FORMAL%20VOTE%20ON%
20the%20Web%20Based%20Monitoring%20and%20Management%20Working%20Group%20Char
ter%26In-Reply-To=[email-masked]%
3e>  

Voting ends at 5PM EDT on 8 January 2004. 

Peter Zehler/Chairman Semantic Model WG  

				Peter Zehler
				XEROX
				Xerox Innovation Group
				Email: [email-masked]
				Voice:    (585) 265-8755
				FAX:      (585) 422-7961
				US Mail: Peter Zehler
				        Xerox Corp.
				        800 Phillips Rd.
				        M/S 128-25E
				        Webster NY, 14580-9701

Complete Schema:
Semantic Model (hierarchical relationship between objects)
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/PwgSemanticModel.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/PwgSemanticModel.xsd>  
Semantic Model Objects (flat list of objects)
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/PwgObjects.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/PwgObjects.xsd> 

Common and Media definitions and declarations:
	PWG Common Elements and Types
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/PwgCommon.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/PwgCommon.xsd> 
	Well Known Values for Common Elements
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/PwgWellKnownValues.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/PwgWellKnownValues.xsd> 
	Media Elements
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/MediaElements.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/MediaElements.xsd> 
	Well Known Values for Media
	
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/MediaWellKnownValues.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/MediaWellKnownValues.xsd> 

Printer:
	Printer Object
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/Printer.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/Printer.xsd> 
	Printer Status
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/PrinterStatus.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/PrinterStatus.xsd> 
	Printer Description
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/PrinterDescription.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/PrinterDescription.xsd> 
	Processing Supported
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/ProcessingSupported.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/ProcessingSupported.xsd> 
	Processing Ready
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/ProcessingReady.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/ProcessingReady.xsd> 
	Processing Default
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/ProcessingDefault.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/ProcessingDefault.xsd> 

Job:
	Job Object
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/Job.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/Job.xsd> 
	Job Status
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/JobStatus.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/JobStatus.xsd> 
	Job Description
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/JobDescription.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/JobDescription.xsd> 
	Job Processing
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/JobProcessing.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/JobProcessing.xsd> 
	Document Processing
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/DocumentProcessing.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/DocumentProcessing.xsd> 
	Processing Actual
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/ProcessingActual.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/ProcessingActual.xsd> 

Document:
	Document Object
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/Document.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/Document.xsd> 
	Document Status
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/DocumentStatus.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/DocumentStatus.xsd> 
	Document Description
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/DocumentDescription.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/DocumentDescription.xsd> 
	Document Processing (same as Job's)
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/DocumentProcessing.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/DocumentProcessing.xsd> 
	Processing Actual (same as Job's)
		http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/ProcessingActual.xsd
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/ProcessingActual.xsd> 

Note that only the last three changes in the Schema Change Log
(http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/Schema-Changes.pdf
<http://www.pwg.org/schemas/sm/latest/Schema-Changes.pdf>  ) apply to the
changes from 0.97 to 0.98.  Specifically these changes were to simplify the
patterns used in MediaNsExtensionPattern and MediaSizeNameExtensionPattern,
add CharacterRepertoireSupported, and add a complete list of Charset value
enumerations.