Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG FORMAL VOTE for UPDF Working draft.

From: "Farrell, Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 12:15:08 -0700

[Sent on behalf of Jerry Thrasher]

Greetings:

The following PWG Working Draft from the UPDF Working Group has
completed its Last Call process.

The Working Draft document and the associated schema files are being
submitted by the working group chair for a Formal Approval vote by the
PWG membership.

The Working Draft being submitted can be downloaded at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/upd/wd/wd-upd10-20040427.pdf

The associated schema files are located at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/www/schemas/upd/1.0/

The following supporting documentation for this Formal Approval vote
contains a summary of changes made due to Last Call comments.
(there were no unresolved comments)

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/upd/wd/UPDLastCallChangeSummary.pdf

and the UPDF overview presentation made at the April 21 PWG F2F meeting.

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/upd/wd/UPDF_F2F_Presentation.pdf

The voting period will open on Tuesday May 4, 2004 and close at 10PM
(Pacific Time) on Wednesday May 26, 2004.

Valid votes are: Yes, No, No (with strong objection), Abstain.

Any No vote requires that the voter state the reason for the No vote and
a description of the changes required to turn the No vote to a Yes.

Representatives from eligible PWG member companies are strongly
encouraged to submit a vote.

To cast a vote, please send an email with the following subject line
 format:

"UPDF Formal Vote-<company name>-<last name of voter>-<yes/no/abstain>"

Example:  UPDF Formal Vote-Lexmark-thrasher-yes

No votes MUST contain a reason in the body of the email.

Please send your vote to the following email addresses:

[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

Note:
The UPDF Working Group has agreed to follow the voting procedures and
requirements detailed in Section 8.3 of the Last Call version of the PWG
Process Document 2.0 located at:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/process/pwg-process20-20040422.pdf

Contact Info. for the Primary and Alternate representatives from PWG
member companies will be provided to the UPDF working group chair in
case "reminder" notices are necessary to meet the voting requirements
listed in the process document.

Jerry Thrasher

PWG Secretary
-------------