Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> FW: 4 new W3C I18N publications

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 11:18:06 -0700

Hi,

Please note that the W3C IRI (Internationalized Resource
Identifier in UTF-8) draft is now in W3C I18N working
group 'last call'

Also note the three good I18N drafts on HTML characters,
languages, and bidi.

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: [email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Ishida [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 12:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 4 new I18N publications

#

9 May 2004 New IRI Draft published: Last Call issued

The Internationalization Working Group has published a new Internet Draft of
Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs)[1]. A two-week last call on
the [email-masked] mailing list was announced, which ends May 23, 2004.
IRIs are similar to URIs, but with the restriction to US-ASCII removed, and
with a mapping to URIs.

[1] http://www.w3.org/International/iri-edit/draft-duerst-iri-07.txt

#

10 May 2004 Authoring Techniques for HTML/XHTML Internationalization: 3
Working Drafts issued

The GEO Task Force of the Internationalization Working Group has published
three First Working Drafts under the general title of Authoring Techniques
for HTML/XHTML Internationalization. They are Characters and Encodings
1.0[2]pecifying the language of content 1.0[3], and Handling Bidirectional
Text 1.0[4]. These new documents have been separated out from what was
previously a single document and updated. They provide HTML authors with
techniques for developing internationalized HTML using XHTML 1.0, XHTML 1.1,
or HTML 4.01, supported by CSS1, CSS2 and some aspects of CSS3.

[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/i18n-html-tech-char/
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/i18n-html-tech-lang/
[4] http://www.w3.org/TR/i18n-html-tech-bidi/

============
Richard Ishida
W3C

contact info:
http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/ 

W3C Internationalization:
http://www.w3.org/International/