Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> REMINDER - Formal Voting in process for Print Service Interface Version V1.0

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:39:52 -0700

REMINDER! 
A lot of hard work went into defining PSI and it represents the premier 
web-services interface for printing as well as the highest evolution in 
terms of encompassing the common semantic model. 
If you have not already done so... PLEASE cast your vote regarding PSI 
v1.0. 
See below for details. 
---------------------------------------------- 
Harry Lewis 
IBM STSM
Chairman - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems 
http://www.ibm.com/printers
303-924-5337
---------------------------------------------- 
----- Forwarded by Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM on 02/08/2005 01:35 PM -----

[email-masked] 
Sent by: [email-masked]
02/01/2005 07:13 AM

To
[email-masked]
cc

Subject
PWG-ANNOUNCE> Formal Vote announcement for the Print Service Interface 
Version V1.0

Greetings: 

The Print Service Interface Version 1.0 definition from the PSI WG of the 
Printer Working Group has completed its Last Call process. 

The Working Draft document and a normative events schema file are being 
submitted by the PSI Working Group chair for a Formal Approval vote by 
the PWG membership. 

The Working Draft being submitted can be downloaded at: 

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ps/wd/wd-psi10-20050112.pdf 

The Associated Normative Schema for Print System Events 
are located at: 

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ps/schemas/events-20050112.xsd 

The list of comments that were addressed as part of the Last Call 
are located at: 

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ps/PSI_Last_Call_Comments_Addressed.txt 

There are four INFORMATIVE WSDL files that are referenced in the PSI 
working draft that have been updated to match the Last Call version 
of the working draft text.  These are located at: 

http://www.pwg.org/schemas/ps/20050112/JobControlInterface.wsdl 
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/ps/20050112/QueryEndPointsInterface.wsdl 
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/ps/20050112/ServiceCapabilitiesInterface.wsdl 
http://www.pwg.org/schemas/ps/20050112/TargetDeviceSupportInterface.wsdl 

Reminder that these WSDL files are NOT part of the PWG Formal Vote. 

The voting period will open on Wednesday February 2, 2005 and close at 
10PM 
(Pacific Time) on Friday February 25, 2005. 

Valid votes are: Yes, No, No (with strong objection), Abstain. 

Any No vote requires that the voter state the reason for the No vote 
and a description of the changes required to turn the No vote to a Yes. 

Representatives from PWG member companies are strongly encouraged to 
submit a vote. 

To cast a vote, please send an email with the following subject line 
format: 

"PSI 1.0 Formal Vote-<company name>-<last name of voter>-<yes/no/abstain>" 

Example:  PSI 1.0 Formal Vote-Lexmark-thrasher-yes 

No votes MUST contain a reason in the body of the email. 

Please send your vote to the following email addresses: 
(Replacing "dot" with . and "at" with @): 

thrasher"at"lexmark"dot"com 
alan-c"dot"berkema"at"hp"dot"com 
harryl"at"us"dot"ibm"dot"com 

Note: 
The PWG Definition of the Standards Development Process Version 2.0 
located at: 

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/process/pwg-process20.pdf 

has now been adopted and contains new voting requirements. 

Contact Info. for the Primary and Alternate representatives from PWG 
member companies will be provided to the PSI working group chair in case 
"reminder" notices are necessary to meet the voting requirements listed 
in the process document. 

Jerry Thrasher 

PWG Secretary