Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> New CIM learning aid in PWG tools directory

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:34:22 -0500

To those interested in participating in the DMTF CIM/PWG realignment
activity:

      NEW LEARNING AID for CIM available on ftp.pwg.org/tools (must
login)!

There is a new file in the tools directory that can be *extremely*
useful to anyone trying to learn about the DMTF CIM model.  

	flatClassesHTML_CIM2.9_20050330.zip

	(and associated flatClassesHTML_README.txt)

This zip archive contains easily read and heavily hyperlinked versions
of the CIM V2.9 specs.  If you have 50MB of disk space available, and
who doesn't these days, then you need this reference document.  These
HTML files are translated from the official XML version of the CIM
specs, available on www.dmtf.org.  

Be sure to extract these files into a new subdirectory somewhere: there
are 2,500 files.  The root of the HTML tree is CIM29Index.html.  The
formatting works best using Internet Explorer and recent versions of
Firefox.  

Many thanks to Bob Blair of Newisys, Inc., for creating and maintaining
these documents, and for allowing PWG to use them.  

rick

-------------------------
[email-masked], System Mgt Arch & Stds
+1-512-728-9023, One Dell Way, RR5-3 Box 8352, Round Rock, TX 78682

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 13:35:32 -0400

Rick:

The actual link is ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/tools/

**************************************************************************
 Don Wright                   [email-masked]
                              [email-masked] or [email-masked]
 Director of Standards
 Lexmark International        Past Chair, IEEE SA Standards Board
 740 New Circle Rd            Chair, Patent Committee IEEE SASB
 Lexington, Ky 40550          Member-at-large, IEEE CS SAB
 859-825-4808 (phone)         Member, IEEE-ISTO Board of Directors
 603-963-8352 (fax)           Member, W3C Advisory Committee
**************************************************************************

<[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
07/19/2005 12:34 PM

        To:     <[email-masked]>
        cc:     <[email-masked]>
        Subject:        PWG-ANNOUNCE> New CIM learning aid in PWG tools directory

To those interested in participating in the DMTF CIM/PWG realignment 
activity: 
      NEW LEARNING AID for CIM available on ftp.pwg.org/tools (must login)! 
There is a new file in the tools directory that can be *extremely* useful 
to anyone trying to learn about the DMTF CIM model. 
        flatClassesHTML_CIM2.9_20050330.zip 
        (and associated flatClassesHTML_README.txt) 
This zip archive contains easily read and heavily hyperlinked versions of 
the CIM V2.9 specs.  If you have 50MB of disk space available, and who 
doesn't these days, then you need this reference document.  These HTML 
files are translated from the official XML version of the CIM specs, 
available on www.dmtf.org. 
Be sure to extract these files into a new subdirectory somewhere: there 
are 2,500 files.  The root of the HTML tree is CIM29Index.html.  The 
formatting works best using Internet Explorer and recent versions of 
Firefox.