Subject: PMP> Posted Port Mon MIB (28 July 2005)

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:35:59 -0700

Hi folks,                                        Thursday (28 July 2005)

As per our decision at the PWG Steering Committee meeting earlier today,
I've just posted an ASN.1-only release of a revised Printer Port Monitor
MIB on the PWG FTP server at:

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/lcrc-pmpportmib10-20050728.mib

This is intended to be the final content of this MIB.  Vendors who want
to add support for automatic installation in the Microsoft and Apple OS
environments in the near future should proceed with prototyping.

Many thanks to all who worked together so well at the interoperability
test; and to Craig Whittle for coordinating; and to Paul Danbold for
providing the facilities.

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Change Log]

28 July 2005 - Prototype Interoperability Test comments

* deleted 'ppmPrinterEnabled' (redundant with 'ppmPortEnabled');

* added text to DESCRIPTION clause of 'ppmPrinterIndex' to specify the
  dependency on 'ppmPortEnabled' for installation (see MIB);

* deleted two ASN.1 comments that referred to RFC 1213 (out-of-date);

------------------------------------------------------------------------