Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> New - UTR-36 Unicode Security Considerations

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:20:46 -0700

Hi,

Unicode Technical Report #36 was completed in July 2005.  This
is highly relevant for printer and other imaging system vendors.

Available on the Unicode Consortium's web site at:

  http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr36/

Here's the document summary from the front page:

  Because Unicode contains such a large number of characters and 
  incorporates the varied writing systems of the world, incorrect 
  usage can expose programs or systems to possible security attacks. 
  This document describes some of the security considerations that 
  programmers, system analysts, standards developers, and users 
  should take into account, and provides specific recommendations 
  to reduce the risk of problems.

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: [email-masked]