Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> New PMP Projects approved

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 14:31:50 -0600

The PWG Steering Committee has approved two new projects of the PMP 
Working Group. Ron Bergman (PMP Chairman) has posted a schedule with 
milestones.
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/ProjectSchedules/MFP-PRINTER-MIB-PROJECT.pdf
The two approved projects are 
1. MFP Alerts - a tactical extension of the Printer MIB to include Basic 
MFP alerts
2. Imaging System MIB for MFP Services (devices optional)
Ira has posted a proposed MFD MIB draft. 
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/wd-pmpimagingmib10-20060418.mib

A third project has been postponed until further definition of the 
requirements.

3. Extensions to IETF Host Resources MIB to address MFP devices, including 
new device types for Scan, Fax etc and extension of 
hrPrinterDetectedErrorState.

Proposals and participation related to these new projects are being 
solicited. Please respond to [email-masked]. Please DO NOT reply to 
"pwg-announce".

---------------------------------------------- 
Harry Lewis 
IBM STSM
Chairman - IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems 
http://www.ibm.com/printers
303-924-5337
----------------------------------------------