Subject: PMP> MFP Alerts - web svcs protocol references

From: "McDonald, Ira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 09:48:31 -0800

Hi Ron,

Per today's review, open standard web services protocols are:

[WS-MGMT] DMTF WS-Management
  http://www.dmtf.org/standards/published_documents/DSP0226.pdf
  (Preliminary) 

[WSDM] OASIS Web Services Distributed Management (WSDM)
  Management Of Web Services (MOWS)
  http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsdm/2004/12/wsdm-mows-1.0.pdf

  Management Using Web Services (MUWS) Part 1
  http://docs.oasisopen.org/wsdm/2004/12/wsdm-muws-part1-1.0.pdf
  (Fundamental Concepts)
  
  Management Using Web Services (MUWS) Part 2
  http://docs.oasisopen.org/wsdm/2004/12/wsdm-muws-part2-1.0.pdf
  (Messaging Formats)

In section 3.2, para 3, I'd list them in the following order

  DMTF WS-Management [WS-MGMT]
  OASIS WSDM [WSDM]
  PWG WIMS [PWG-WIMS] 

to emphasize that the PWG protocol isn't key to this use model.

Cheers,
- Ira

Ira McDonald (Musician / Software Architect)
Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: [email-masked]

-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.1.409 / Virus Database: 268.14.6/535 - Release Date: 11/15/2006