Subject: PMP> New MFP Alert Groups Specification Available

From: "Bergman, Ron" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 11:10:20 -0800

The latest MFP Alerts Specification is now available at:
 
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/wd-mfp-alert-groups10-20061117.doc
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/wd-mfp-alert-groups10-20061117.pdf
 
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/wd-mfp-alert-groups10-20061117-rev.pdf
 
This document contains the changes discussed in last Wednesday's
teleconference.

    Ron Bergman
    Chairman, PWG PMP Work Group

---

From: "Stuart Rowley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:26:42 -0800

Ron,

Thanks for posting the changes so quickly.

I am still a little concerned that the case of a subunit used by
multiple functions is not clear. We discussed the subunits that use the
print function and the fax function as being in the print function index
range, but what about the example of a cover open which means the scan
function is out and the (outbound) fax function is out, but the print
function is unaffected? What range would an implementation use in this
case?

Maybe we need 4 ranges:

1: affects print function alone or in combination with other functions
(does not break current implementations)

2: affects scan function exclusively

3: affects fax function exclusively

4: affects scan and fax function

Thanks,

Stuart

Stuart Rowley

Network Product Mgr.

Kyocera Technology Development

1855 Gateway Blvd. #400

Concord, CA 94520

[email-masked]

V: 925.849.3306

F: 925.849.3399

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bergman,
Ron
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 11:10 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: PMP> New MFP Alert Groups Specification Available

 

    Ron Bergman