Subject: Fw: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG Formal Approval begins for MFD Scan Requirements

From: Harry Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 16:30:17 -0600

This is a reminder that voting ends Friday July 11. Please take a few 
minutes and cast your vote (instructions below). If you have already 
voted, thank you very much!

Regards,
Harry

Harry Lewis
Program Manager - Intellectual Property & Open Standards
Phone: 303-924-5337
e-mail: [email-masked]
infoprint.com

P Think before you print 
----- Forwarded by Harry Lewis/US/InfoPrint/IDE on 07/01/2008 04:28 PM 
-----

Harry Lewis/US/InfoPrint/IDE@IBMUS 
Sent by: [email-masked]
06/13/2008 11:35 AM

To
[email-masked]
cc

Subject
PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG Formal Approval begins for MFD Scan Requirements

PWG Formal Approval commencement for MFD Scan Requirements – Voting ends 
Friday July 11, 2008 
On June 19, 2008 the PWG Steering Committee approved MFD working group 
Last Call exit for the Network Scan Service Use Case and Requirements 
document. Our process requires that requirements be treated as a formal 
document to assure that we have widespread agreement on the direction of a 
new working group effort. At the request of the MFD working group 
Chairman, Peter Zehler – Xerox, and according to my duties as Secretary of 
the PWG, I hereby initiate Formal Approval by vote of the PWG membership. 
The voting period will open on Monday June 16 and close at 10PM (Pacific 
Time) on Friday July 11, 2008. 
Valid votes are: Yes, No, No (with strong objection), Abstain. 
Any No vote requires that the voter state the reason for the No vote and a 
description of the changes required for turning the No vote to a Yes. 
Representatives from PWG member companies are strongly encouraged to 
submit a vote. 
To cast a vote, please send an email with the following subject line 
format: 
"MFD Scan Req Formal Vote-<company name>-<last name of 
voter>-<yes/no/abstain>" 
Example: MFD Scan Req Formal Vote-InfoPrint-lewis-yes 
No votes MUST contain a reason in the body of the email. 
Please send your vote to the following email addresses: 
(Replacing "dot" with . and "at" with @): 
thrasher"at"lexmark"dot"com 
peter"dot"zehler"at"xerox"dot"com 
harryl"at"us"dot"ibm"dot"com 
REFERENCE MATERIAL 
The Last Call version of the Requirements Document (.doc, and –rev.pdf/doc 
are also available): 
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/lcrc-mfdscanreq10-20080324.pdf>   
The resolution of the Last Call comments (.doc, and –rev.pdf/doc are also 
available): 
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/Scan-Req-LC-Comments-041708.pdf> 

Regards, 
Harry Lewis - PWG Secretary

Harry Lewis
Program Manager - Intellectual Property & Open Standards
Phone: 303-924-5337
e-mail: [email-masked]
infoprint.com

P Think before you print