Subject: [proto-team] proposal for addition to Document Shepherd Write-Up

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:32:04 +0200

Hi,

what do you think of adding the following question to the Document  
Shepherd Write-Up?

(1.x) Has the Document Shepherd checked that sections of the document
       that are written in a formal language, such as XML code, BNF  
rules,
       MIB definitions, etc., validate correctly in an automated  
checker?

The motivation is that we've recently had several cases during IESG  
evaluation where especially BNFs were invalid. Also, are there other  
formal languages used in I-Ds for which validators exist?

Lars
-- 
Lars Eggert                                     NEC Network Laboratories

_______________________________________________
proto-team mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/proto-team