Subject: July milestones

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:47:38 -0400

Fortunately, addressing the IESG comments on the core drafts isn't a 
July milestone.  But these are:

JUL 02	  	First draft of EPP over SMTP
JUL 02	  	Decision on need for a EPP Guidelines draft

The first has had some volunteers, but I don't know it much progress 
has been made.  The second has been a weak "go ahead" on it, but that 
has taken a back seat to the core drafts and the IESG comments.

There is only one other milestone on the charter - "scheduling 
interoperability tests" which is a misnomer.  It should read 
"Interoperability Report" (since the IETF doesn't conduct/endorse 
testing of implementations - this is a political correctness 
distinction).

I mention the "one other" milestone because, IMHO, there is a need to 
have more in there.  Such as progress on the BEEP transport draft, 
SMTP work, and revisiting the core drafts based on implementation 
experience and trying for the next level of standardization.

So, any comments on the above and future milestones?
-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                          +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

---

From: Rick Wesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 08:31:45 -0700 (PDT)

> have more in there.  Such as progress on the BEEP transport draft,

I'd like to hear from anyone who is interested in a BEEP transport moving
forward. I've always been an advocate but is there anyone interested in
using a BEEP transport?

-rick

---

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:45:48 -0400

Well, we do have some current comments on the document...but Rick's 
question is still germane, what community is forming around a BEEP 
transport for EPP?