Subject: Multiple Extension Elements for Command/Response in EPP

From: "Liu, Hong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 16:24:15 -0500

Scott,

I would like to request a small change in epp-1.0.xsd to allow multiple
<extension> elements at the command and response level. Specifically, the
changes are:

(1) On page 56 of EPP-06 under the <commandType> definition, add attribute
"maxOccurs=unbounded" to the <extension> element.
(2) On page 59 of EPP-06 under the <responseType> definition, add attribute
"maxOccurs=unbounded" to the <extension> element.

This change is based on the experiences gained through our recent EPP
extension work (usTLD, EPP PUSH, etc...). At present, at most one
<extension> is allowed. If I have two independent extensions for an object
type, say domain, then I cannot list them independently in the command and
response. Allowing multiple <extension> elements can solve the problem.

Thanks!

--Hong

---

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:47:42 -0400

Hong,

I don't think what you're asking for is needed because the current syntax
permits multiple extensions within a single <extension> element.  Here's the
types involved:

<complexType name="commandType">
  <sequence>
...
    <element name="extension" type="epp:extAnyType"
     minOccurs="0"/>
...
  </sequence>
</complexType>

<complexType name="extAnyType">
  <sequence>
    <any namespace="##other"
     maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
  </sequence>
</complexType>

See the 'maxOccurs="unbounded"' attribute in the definition of extAnyType?

-Scott-