Subject: EPP Extensions proposal for coop: comments invited

From: Robert Burbidge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 13:04:31 +0100

Poptel has published the first draft of its proposal for EPP extensions to
support verification in the dot coop gTLD. They can be found on our web site
at http://www.coop/registrar_docs.asp#epp. As experts that you are (!) I
would be happy for you to review this document and pass on any feedback
either directly to me, or via this list if you prefer. Documents are in Word
and PDF formats.

A few comments that I would like to make before you read the proposal.

1. It's not a formal proposal in the IETF style. Partly this is for reasons
of time (I have not the time or inclination to master the format or style of
RFC-type documents). At the moment it contains an outline of our business
process, and examples EPP document interchange.
2. It does not include a formal XML schema for the extensions - this will
happen, but I though it would be nice to get some general discussion first.
3  It is not a "general" specification for verification in all
circumstances. For dot coop, potential registrants are verified to check
that they represent valid co-operative bodies. However, we don't validate
the domain names that they may register, apart obvious things like making
sure they are end in ".coop", have not already been provisioned, and are not
on a reserved names list. I'm aware that other registries have rather
different needs that we don't try to address.

Yours in anticipation
Rob Burbidge
Poptel Limited