Subject: RE: July milestones

From: "Liu, Hong" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 21:52:33 -0400

Ed and Jaap,

I would also like to bring up the EPP "push". I understand that this is not
part of the core, but it is also a desirable feature. We have been working
on the "push" draft for a while. I am holding it off for the moment, pending
the outcome of "pending operation" notification solution in EPP. 

Cheers,

--Hong

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Lewis [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 9:48 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: July milestones

Fortunately, addressing the IESG comments on the core drafts isn't a 
July milestone.  But these are:

JUL 02	  	First draft of EPP over SMTP
JUL 02	  	Decision on need for a EPP Guidelines draft

The first has had some volunteers, but I don't know it much progress 
has been made.  The second has been a weak "go ahead" on it, but that 
has taken a back seat to the core drafts and the IESG comments.

There is only one other milestone on the charter - "scheduling 
interoperability tests" which is a misnomer.  It should read 
"Interoperability Report" (since the IETF doesn't conduct/endorse 
testing of implementations - this is a political correctness 
distinction).

I mention the "one other" milestone because, IMHO, there is a need to 
have more in there.  Such as progress on the BEEP transport draft, 
SMTP work, and revisiting the core drafts based on implementation 
experience and trying for the next level of standardization.

So, any comments on the above and future milestones?
-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                          +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer