Subject: RE: Proposed Document Changes - Pending Operations

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:42:49 -0400

> I don't think any particular changes are required tp epp 
> protocol to acomplish
> Hong's objective. In epp06 <result> element has child  
> <value> element. The
> definition of <value> element in epp06 is more flexible than 
> in epp02 (it allows
> xml extensions). I think <value> element could be used to 
> indicate that the last
> operation is pending.

Not really -- the purpose of allowing XML in the <value> element is so that
the server can identify and return any XML that might have caused an error
condition -- it's not there for extension purposes.  From section 2.5 of
epp-06:

"- Zero or more OPTIONAL <value> elements that echo client-provided
elements (including XML tag and value) that caused server error
conditions."

-Scott-

---

From: janusz sienkiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 13:57:20 -0400

The usage of <value> element could be extended.  According to the epp06 spec
the element is used only if there is an error condition. It could be also used
in case of success condition for passing additional information. This approach
would allow more flexibility in the future.

The initial approach (adding new result code and message) would provide a
solution for pending situations only and it could result in adding additional
status codes and error conditions.

Janusz Sienkiewicz