Subject: [PSAMP] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5476 (2057)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:28:08 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5476,
"Packet Sampling (PSAMP) Protocol Specifications".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5476&eid=2057

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Paul Aitken <[email-masked]>

Section: 6.5.2.4.

Original Text
-------------
   Notes:

   * A selectorAlgorithm value of 4 represents Uniform Probabilistic
     Sampling.

   * samplingProbability is of type float64 but is compressed down to a
     float32 here.

Corrected Text
--------------
   Notes:

   * A selectorAlgorithm value of 4 represents Uniform Probabilistic
     Sampling.

   * samplingProbability is of type float64 but is compressed down to a
     float32 here.

   * IPFIX Reduced Size Encoding [RFC5101] has been used for the
     selectorId field.

Notes
-----
Addition of "Reduced Size Encoding" note per Errata ID 2052.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5476 (draft-ietf-psamp-protocol-09)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Packet Sampling (PSAMP) Protocol Specifications
Publication Date    : March 2009
Author(s)           : B. Claise, Ed., A. Johnson, J. Quittek
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Packet Sampling
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG