Subject: question in draft-ietf-pwe3-control-protocol-00.txt

From: "Vijayanand C - CTD, Chennai." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 15:26:05 +0530

In the draft "draft-ietf-pwe3-control-protocol-00.txt", the control bit
handling procedures have been elaborated in section 5.2.

If  an optional TLV is used to signal the configuration of C bit in the
local nodes( Ingress and Eggress) at the time of targetted session
establishment, both the nodes would know the C bit preferablity of the other
and could avoid sending messages with wrong C bit  which introduces
complexity to the protocol.  The optional TLV can be carried in the
Initialisation message of LDP or in the keepalive messages. 

Regards,
Vijay

---

From: "Kumar, Srivatsa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 09:44:47 -0400

Vijay, 

The C bit is used for the control word. Now the SAME targeted session 
between the the Ingress and Egress is used to signal various different 
VC types (like ATM AAL5 VCC/ Ethernet VLAN/HDLC/ PPP etc). Some of these
would require control word and some of them might not. So the appropriate
place for the C bit cannot be in the Session initialization.
(unless of course you are creating seperate sessions for each VC type)

Vatsa
 
-----Original Message-----
From: Vijayanand C - CTD, Chennai. [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 5:56 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [PWE3] question in draft-ietf-pwe3-control-protocol-00.txt

Regards,
Vijay
_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3