Subject: bi-directional lsps for classical mpls

From: Rohit Dube <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 16:10:30 -0400

Hello,

I had posted draft-dube-bidirectional-lsp-00.txt a while back but 
hadn't announced it on any of the ietf mailing lists. I am announcing
it here as bi-directional lsps are useful for pseudo-wires.

The draft can be found at 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dube-bidirectional-lsp-00.txt
and the abstract is appended below.

If people have comments, do please send them to the list.

Best Regards,
--rohit.

            Bi-directional LSPs for classical MPLS

               draft-dube-bidirectional-lsp-00.txt

Abstract

    This memo proposes extensions to support bi-directional LSPs for
    classical MPLS. Specifically RSVP-TE is extended with objects 
    similar to those in GMPLS to allow establishment of bi-directional 
    LSPs for MPLS networks.

---

From: "Yoav Cohen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 14:16:04 +0200

Rohit,
Is there a knowledge maintained somewhere that references the two Paths as a "bi-directional" path?
Regards,
Yoav Cohen.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rohit Dube [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 22:11
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [PWE3] bi-directional lsps for classical mpls

Hello,

Best Regards,
--rohit.

Abstract

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

---

From: Rohit Dube <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 17:06:45 -0400

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002 14:16:04 +0200 "Yoav Cohen" writes:
=>Rohit,
=>Is there a knowledge maintained somewhere that references the two Paths as a 
>"bi-directional" path?
=>Regards,
=>Yoav Cohen.

Hello Yoav,

Perhaps I misunderstand your question. There really aren't two paths - just
a single one which happens to be bi-directional. The ingress is the "most"
aware that the path is bi-directional since it has to take constraints
in both directions into account. The transits and egress are also aware that
the path is bi-directional because they have to assign labels for the
reverse direction simultaneously with the forward direction.

Does that make sense? 

Best Regards,
--rohit.