Subject: Liaison from MPLS Forum to PWE3

From: "Walsh, Thomas D (Tom)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 13:20:03 -0500

To: IETF PWE3 working group

From:  MPLS Forum

The MPLS Forum Technical Committee has been discussing the transport of TDM
over MPLS networks, and we now have a draft of the "TDM Transport over MPLS
using AAL1 Implementation Agreement" reaching its final stages.  Since the
PWE3 working group has also been working on this issue, we would like to
invite comments from the WG before progressing this text to final ballot.
For this purpose, we have placed the straw ballot text of the Implementation
Agreement in the public area of our web site, at
http://www.mplsforum.org/tech/mpls2003.036.01.pdf .

We have temporarily delayed the advancement of our Implementation Agreement
in order to avoid conflicts between the specifications.  Alignment with IETF
RFCs is a key objective for implementation agreements reached in the MPLS
Forum.

However, there is also significant interest in the MPLS Forum to bring this
work to a conclusion.  The MPLS Forum encourages the PWE3 WG to reach a
timely agreement on this topic so that our two bodies can produce an aligned
solution.

Comments are invited from individual IETF and IESG participants, the working
group as a body, and the IESG as a body.  We will look for comments and
discussion on the PWE3 mailing list.

Best regards,

Andy Malis
MPLS Forum President

Tom Walsh
MPLS Forum 
External Relations