Subject: updated "Clearmode" (64kbit/s unrestricted) Internet-draft

From: Kreuter Ruediger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:29:07 +0100

FYI, 
I have submitted an update of the CLEARMODE Internet draft. You find it at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kreuter-avt-rtp-clearmode-01.txt

The major update, due to comments according the support of Nx64kbit/s
and similar standardization activities in ITU's SG 11, is the introduction of
Nx64kbit/s support. Two remarks to this issue:
1) 1x64kbit/s is used in current VoIP products and supported by most DSP 
    Providers. Therefore I would like to keep Nx64kbit/s with N>1 as an option.
2) We currently do not have a VoIP product supporting Nx64kbit/s, therefore 
    I introduced this merely as a discussion input.
    So if anybody has a working Nx64kbit/s solution I would like to get some 
    comments on the packatization method in that case. If nobody has a
    solution I will delete this feature from the next version of this draft.

Besides, the first draft initiated a controverse discussion, if this should be 
"audio/CLEARMODE" or e.g. "application/CLEARMODE".
IMHO none of the existing IANA content types really fits for CLEARMODE. 
Since 1x64kbit/s is also used for 7kHz voice (despite G.722) I kept "audio"
in this draft. 

Regards
   Ruediger
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt