Subject: arch-draft references

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 18:45:30 +0100

One last thing that we needed to do in order to get the draft IESG ready
was to divide the references into normative and informational.

I have done this (see below). All of the RFCs in the Normative reference
section are standards track, but we need to carefully check the non-RFCs
to see if they really should be normative, because they will gate
this draft.

I have also cleared up a couple of minor reference nits: deleted a reference
that was not called up in the text, use of a name when our convention
is to use RFCnumber as the reference, and incorrectly (in the text only)
using 1881 when we meant 1883.

Comments please.

Thanks

Stewart

Normative References

    Internet-drafts are works in progress available from
    <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/>

    [FRAG]      Malis and Townsley, "PWE3 Fragmentation and
                Reassembly", <draft-ietf-pwe3-fragmentation-02.txt>,
                work in progress, June 2003.

    [L2TPv3]    Layer Two Tunneling Protocol (Version 3)'L2TPv3', J Lau,
                et. al. <draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-base-08.txt>, work
                in progress, June 2003.

    [PWMIB]     Zelig et al, "Pseudo Wire (PW) Management Information
                Base Using SMIv2", <draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-mib-01.txt>,
                work in progress, June 2003.

    [PWTCMIB]   Nadeau et al, "Definitions for Textual Conventions and
                OBJECT-IDENTITIES for Pseudo-Wires Management"
                <draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-tc-mib-01.txt>, work in progress,
                June 2003.

    [PWMPLSMIB] Danenberg et al, "SONET/SDH Circuit Emulation Service
                Over MPLS (CEM) Management Information Base Using
                SMIv2", <draft-ietf-pwe3-cep-mib-01.txt>, work in
                progress, October 2002.

    [RFC791]    RFC-791: DARPA Internet Program, Protocol Specification,
                ISI, September 1981.

    [RFC1883]   RFC-1883: Internet Protocol, Version 6 (IPv6),
                S. Deering, et al, December 1995

    [RFC1889]   RFC-1889: RTP: A Transport Protocol for Real-Time
                Applications.  H. Schulzrinne et. al.

    [RFC1902]   RFC-1902: Structure of Management Information for
                Version 2 of the Simple Network Management Protocol
                (SNMPv2), Case et al, January 1996.

    [RFC2119]   RFC-2119, BCP-14: Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate
                Requirement Levels, S. Bradner.

    [RFC2401]   RFC-2401: Security Architecture for the Internet
                Protocol. S. Kent, R. Atkinson.

    [RFC2474]   RFC-2474: Definition of the Differentiated Services
                Field (DS Field) in the IPv4 and IPv6 Headers,
                K. Nichols, et. al.

    [RFC2558]   K. Tesink, "Definitions of Managed Objects for the
                SONET/SDH Interface Type", RFC2558, March 1999.

    [RFC2661]   RFC-2661: Layer Two Tunneling Protocol "L2TP".
                W. Townsley, et. al.

    [RFC2784]   RFC-2784: Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE).
                D. Farinacci et al.

    [RFC2890]   RFC-2890: Key and Sequence Number Extensions to GRE.
                G. Dommety.

    [RFC3031]   RFC3031: Multiprotocol Label Switching Architecture,
                E. Rosen, January 2001.

    [RFC3032]   RFC3032: MPLS Label Stack Encoding, E. Rosen,
                January 2001.

    [TEMIB]     Srinivasan et al, "Traffic Engineering Management
                Information Base Using SMIv2",
                <draft-ietf-mpls-te-mib-10.txt>, work in progress,
                June 2003.

Informative References

    Internet-drafts are works in progress available from
    <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/>

    [DVB]       EN 300 744 Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB); Framing
                structure, channel coding and modulation for digital
                terrestrial television (DVB-T), European
                Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI)

    [LDPMIB]    Cucchiara, J., Sjostrand, H., and Luciani, J.,
                "Definitions of Managed Objects for the Multiprotocol
                Label Switching, Label Distribution Protocol (LDP)",
                <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-mib-11.txt>, work in progress,
                June 2003.

    [LSRMIB]    Srinivasan et al, "MPLS Label Switch Router Management
                Information Base Using SMIv2",
                <draft-ietf-mpls-lsr-mib-10.txt>, work in progress,
                June 2003.

    [PPPoL2TP]  PPP Tunneling Using Layer Two Tunneling Protocol,
                J Lau et al. <draft-ietf-l2tpext-l2tp-ppp-02.txt>,
                work in progress, June 2002.

    [RFC1191]   RFC-1191: Path MTU discovery. J.C. Mogul, S.E. Deering.

    [RFC1958]   RFC-1958: Architectural Principles of the Internet,
                B. Carpenter et al.

    [RFC1981]   RFC-1981: Path MTU Discovery for IP version 6. J. McCann,
                S. Deering, J. Mogul.

    [RFC2022]   RFC-2022: Support for Multicast over UNI 3.0/3.1 based
                ATM Networks, G. Armitage.

    [RFC2338]   RFC-2338: Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol,
                S. Knight, M. Shand et. al.

    [RFC3022]   RFC-3022: Traditional IP Network Address Translator
                (Traditional NAT). P Srisuresh et al.

    [RFC3448]   RFC3448: TCP Friendly Rate Control (TFRC): Protocol
                Specification, M. Handley et al. January 2003.

    [XIAO]      Xiao et al, "Requirements for Pseudo-Wire Emulation
                Edge-to-Edge  (PWE3)",
                (draft-ietf-pwe3-requirements-06.txt), X Xiao et al.
                work in progress, June 2002.