Subject: SONET CEP 04

From: "Ron Cohen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 17:20:21 -0700

Hi,

Version 04 of the PWE3 SONET CEP draft is available at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-sonet-04.txt

Apart from editorials and reference updates, the following changes were
made:

1. Aligned to Arch draft: remove MPLS PID and add CEP MPLS Adaptation
Header instead. Changes made in LDP signaling section to accommodate the
name change. 

2. Added clarification of the VT order within VTG in fractional STS-1
and VC-4 modes. Also added text about VT3 and VT6 there.

3. Changed the name of the LDP signaling object from CEP bytes to
CEP/TDM bytes according to change in IANA draft.

The draft has several non-ASCII characters in various places. This will
be fixed in the next version. I also received comments on the LDP
signaling section from Sasha after submission. Below are the comments
and their resolution:

1. Specify which of the CEP PW objects are mandatory and which are
optional (section 11) : CEP option (MUST), CEP/TDM bit rate (MUST)
CEP/TDM Payload bytes (SHOULD, if is not included, default payload size
is assumed).

2. Fix consistency between MUSTs and MAYs in this section

3. Reference the TDM/CEP error code defined in new IANA draft

4. Elaborate on the need for EBM flag in CEP option object. Change
'indicate' to 'indicates' in the CEP options flag description.

We would greatly appreciate further comments. The authors believe the
draft is ready for last call.

Thanks
Ron

Ron Cohen
CTO
Lycium Networks 
Mobile: 650.823.7672
Mobile:  +972.55.245.104
Tel:  650.234.4010
Fax:  650.854.8183

===================================================== 
This email message and any files transmitted with it contain
confidential information intended only for its addressee(s). If you are
not the addressee of this message, any reading, disclosure, copying,
printing, distribution or forwarding by you of this message or its
content or attachments is strictly forbidden. In such case, please
notify us immediately by replying to this message or by calling
650.234.4010 and delete the message from your computer. Thank you.