Subject: Re: VCCV ?

From: Luca Martini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:06:37 -0600

Hey ,  I do want to change the name ....

Actually I do not care much what it is called , but I do *care* for
this to progress is a timely manner.

I believe that right now we have a serious terminology issue with the
frame-relay encapsulation draft , and the VCCV name.

I cannot see how the IESG can just miss the Virtual Circuit part ... (
especially, Allison who was quite
keen on the PW name )

Luca

P.S. maybe we should ask her ?

Yaakov Stein wrote:

Subject: Re: [PWE3] VCCV ?

Do we seriously want to change this? For better or worse it
is widely known in the industry as VCCV.

- Stewart

Although I don't want to contradict all the previous emailers
(most of which seem to be from a single company :> )
I still think we need to remove all references to VCs.

I can go along with leaving the CV,
but I thought that long ago we standardized on the term PW.

Y(J)S

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3