Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pwe3-cep-mib-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 15:43:39 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SONET/SDH Circuit Emulation Service Over Packet (CEP) 
			  Management Information Base Using SMIv2
	Author(s)	: D. Zelig, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pwe3-cep-mib-05.txt
	Pages		: 57
	Date		: 2004-6-7
	
This memo defines an experimental portion of the Management 
Information Base (MIB) for use with network management protocols in 
the Internet community.  In particular, it describes managed objects 
for modeling Native Service Processing of SONET/SDH circuits over a 
Packet Switch Network (PSN).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-cep-mib-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pwe3-cep-mib-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-cep-mib-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Orly Nicklass" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 09:15:16 +0300

Following a brief review of the new MIB version and scanning through the
other PWE3 MIB modules it seems like all are having the same reference
problem with respect to IANA allocation root.

pwStdMIB is a value that should be assigned by IANA, and requested as
such in the TC-MIB, but at the same time any of the subtrees should be
assigned by IANA as well.

For any of the MIB modules below, the proper syntax should be:

::= { pwStdMIB x } -- To be assigned by IANA 
                            -- the value y is requested for this
specific Module.

Where y will be replaced in each of the modules below by  the required
number.
For example:
For ..pwe3-pw-mib...it will be 

::= { pwStdMIB x } -- To be assigned by IANA 
                            -- The value 2 is requested for this
specific Module.

Below is the list of modules to arrange, enet and tdm are already
conflicting in values.

draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-tc-mib-04.txt
::= { pwStdMIB 1 }

draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-mib-04.txt
::= { pwStdMIB 2 } -- To be assigned by IANA 
   
draft-ietf-pwe3-pw-mpls-mib-05.txt
 ::= { pwStdMIB 3 } -- To be assigned by IANA 

draft-ietf-pwe3-cep-mib-05.txt
::= { pwStdMIB 4 } --To be assigned by IANA 

draft-ietf-pwe3-enet-mib-04.txt
::= { pwStdMIB 5 } -- To be assigned by IANA 

draft-ietf-pwe3-tdm-mib-00.txt
::= { pwStdMIB 5 } --To be assigned by IANA

draft-ietf-pwe3-satop-mib-00.txt
::= { pwStdMIB 6 } --To be assigned by IANA

Orly

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 22:44
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [PWE3] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pwe3-cep-mib-05.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SONET/SDH Circuit Emulation Service Over
Packet (CEP) 
			  Management Information Base Using SMIv2
	Author(s)	: D. Zelig, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pwe3-cep-mib-05.txt
	Pages		: 57
	Date		: 2004-6-7
	
......