Subject: [PWE3] [Fwd: RFC 4591 on Frame Relay over Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol Version 3 (L2TPv3)]

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 08:28:42 +0100

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	RFC 4591 on Frame Relay over Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol 
Version 3 (L2TPv3)
Date: 	Tue, 1 Aug 2006 00:08:29 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked], [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4591

        Title:      Frame Relay over Layer 2 
                    Tunneling Protocol Version 3 (L2TPv3) 
        Author:     M. Townsley, G. Wilkie,
                    S. Booth, S. Bryant,
                    J. Lau
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 28232
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-l2tpext-pwe3-fr-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4591.txt

The Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol, Version 3, (L2TPv3) defines a protocol
for tunneling a variety of data link protocols over IP networks.  This
document describes the specifics of how to tunnel Frame Relay over
L2TPv3, including frame encapsulation, virtual-circuit creation and
deletion, and status change notification.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Layer Two Tunneling Protocol Extensions
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3