Subject: [PWE3] WG LC draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap-05.txt

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:57:27 +0100

This is the start of Working Group Last Call for 
draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap-05.txt

Last call will Sunday 7th October 2007.

Please review this draft.

Thanks

Stewart

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap-05.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:15:02 -0400
List-Id: i-d-announce.ietf.org

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Encapsulation Methods for Transport of Fibre 
                          Channel frames Over MPLS Networks
	Author(s)	: M. Roth, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap-05.txt
	Pages		: 37
	Date		: 2007-9-18
	
A Fibre Channel pseudowire (PW) is used to carry Fibre Channel frames 
     over an MPLS network. This enables service providers to offer 
     "emulated" Fibre Channel services over existing MPLS networks. This 
     document specifies the encapsulation of Fibre Channel PDUs within a 
     pseudowire. It also specifies the procedures for using a PW to 
     provide a Fibre Channel service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap-05.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 18:36:22 -0400

Stewart,

As you're probably aware, the FC pseudo-wire is a joint effort that
involves coordinated specifications between this IETF pwe3 WG draft
and the FC-BB-4 standard under development in INCITS Technical Committee
T11.  As of this point in time, the -05 version of this draft is not
aligned with the current working draft of the FC-BB-4 standard.  There
isn't a lot of work needed to bring these two documents into alignment,
but the work does need to be done.

On behalf of the T11 FC-BB-4 working group, I request that the WG Last
Call on this draft be extended by at least one week (two weeks would
be better), as there is an FC-BB-4 meeting scheduled for Thursday
October 11 which is a good opportunity to ensure that this alignment
has been achieved.

Also, please consider this to be a pwe3 WG Last Call comment that the
FC encapsulation draft is not aligned with FC-BB-4, and that such
alignment is clearly required for this draft to be correct.  The
October 11 FC-BB-4 meeting is a likely venue for getting this issue
resolved.

I apologize for the need to do this, but we do have to get these two
documents to fly in formation.

Thanks,
--David (on behalf of the T11 FC-BB-4 working group)
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Stewart Bryant [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 11:57 AM
> To: pwe3
> Subject: [PWE3] WG LC draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap-05.txt
>

---

From: "Moran Roth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:41:17 -0700

David, Stewart, 

I'm working with David Peterson the editor of FC-BB-4 to bring the
documents into alignment. I believe that the October T11 meeting is an
excellent opportunity to finalize the work on FC-BB-4, and to align it
with the IETF draft.

Regards,
Moran

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 3:36 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [PWE3] WG LC draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap-05.txt

Stewart,

As you're probably aware, the FC pseudo-wire is a joint effort that
involves coordinated specifications between this IETF pwe3 WG draft and
the FC-BB-4 standard under development in INCITS Technical Committee
T11.  As of this point in time, the -05 version of this draft is not
aligned with the current working draft of the FC-BB-4 standard.  There
isn't a lot of work needed to bring these two documents into alignment,
but the work does need to be done.

On behalf of the T11 FC-BB-4 working group, I request that the WG Last
Call on this draft be extended by at least one week (two weeks would be
better), as there is an FC-BB-4 meeting scheduled for Thursday October
11 which is a good opportunity to ensure that this alignment has been
achieved.

Also, please consider this to be a pwe3 WG Last Call comment that the FC
encapsulation draft is not aligned with FC-BB-4, and that such alignment
is clearly required for this draft to be correct.  The October 11
FC-BB-4 meeting is a likely venue for getting this issue resolved.

Thanks,

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 07:27:34 +0100

David

It is probably best if we stop the last call and restart it when we know 
what
changes are needed to produce a coherent aligned spec.

Stewart

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 13:57:53 -0400

Stewart,

Ok, let's check where we are after the October 11 T11 FC-BB-4
meeting and proceed from there.

Thanks,
--David

> Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 2:28 AM
> To: Black, David
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [PWE3] WG LC draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap-05.txt
> 
> David
> 
> It is probably best if we stop the last call and restart it when we
know what