Subject: RE: [PWE3] draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap-04.txt - a couple of small items

From: "David Peterson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 12:35:57 -0600

>From the T11 FC-BB-4 technical editor,

Any update on these issues?

FC-BB-4 is nearing letter ballot completion, but is gated by the
stabilization of the pwe3 ID draft which includes the resolution of the
items below along with some control word frame format issues and proper
references between the two drafts.

Thanks...Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007 6:51 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [PWE3] draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap-04.txt - a couple of small
items

I took a quick look at this draft and the corresponding T11 FC-BB-4 work
and noticed a couple of things:

(1) New text (in -04, not in -03) in Section 6.1.2 says:

	In case the transmission rate is equal to CIR for a period
greater 
	than RTT, and transmitted frames are still lost in transit, as 
	indicated to the sender by receiving SREJ frames, the sender MAY

	signal PW status of "insufficient network capacity for PW" as 
	requested from IANA.

but I don't see anything in the IANA Considerations section about this.
If this request was made in a different draft, that draft needs to be
referenced here, and language describing a pending request to IANA is
not appropriate for a published RFC (at least put in an IANA note
telling IANA what to do and/or an RFC Editor Note telling the RFC Editor
what text needs to be deleted before publication).

(2) Recent discussion in T11 has identified a need for an FC-PW "error
indication frame".  This appears to need another Payload Type
(PT)
value in Section 4.1 - I think a PT value of 5 may have been intended
for this usage based on T11 discussion.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3