Subject: Re: [PWE3] Can we use BFD Diagnostic code 6 & 8 to signal AC fault status ?

From: "Damodharan Sp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 09:46:59 +0530

Hi

 As per my understanding of vccv-bfd and pwe3-oam-msg-map-04. I have the
following question.

     If there is a AC side failure and if BFD session is UP, we would
send messages with the diag code 6 or 8. 

         If the AC defect is clear then we can reset this value ( i.e
set to 0 -Zero), is this correct?. 

         If this is not possible then how else can we communicate via
BFD to the remote peer that the AC fault is clear.

Regards,

Damodharan.S

________________________________

From: Thomas Nadeau [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 11:27 PM
To: Damodharan SP - TLS , Chennai
Cc: [email-masked]; Raman Rangaswamy; Vijayanand C - TLS, Chennai.
Subject: Re: [PWE3] Can we use BFD Diagnostic code 6 & 8 to signal AC
fault status ?

These were put in because we thought we would leave that in VCCV.  

That plan has changed now and we will be putting it back into OAM msg
map although the VCCV type is called out in VCCV+BFD.

            --Tom

On Jan 23, 2008, at 11:41 AM, Damodharan SP - TLS , Chennai wrote:

Hi,

Below section from the draft  " PW OAM Message Mapping -
draft-ietf-pwe3-oam-msg-map-04"

says, BFD diagnostic codes 6 and 8 can be used for carrying the AC fault
status via PW.

But this section is removed in the next draft version
(draft-ietf-pwe3-oam-msg-map-05).

Is there any specific reason behind for this removal?

>From the draft draft-ietf-pwe3-oam-msg-map-04

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"5.3.4 The Use of BFD Diagnostic Codes

 6 and 8 are used to signal AC forward and reverse defect states

respectively when the PE's negotiated the use of BFD as the

mechanism for AC and PW fault detection and notification."

Regards,

Damodharan.S

DISCLAIMER:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and
intended for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its
affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in 
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily
reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification, distribution and / or publication of 
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this
e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have 
received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender
immediately. Before opening any mail and 
attachments please check them for viruses and defect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3