Subject: [PWE3] draft-ietf-pwe3-oam-msg-map-12.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 01:37:43 +0530

Hi,

Does not this draft be updated to provide pointers that PW Status can be
exchanged using the methods described in the draft
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pwe3-static-pw-status-00 too? 

Currently it discusses using LDP status TLV, BFD-VCCV for PW status
notification under Section 8.

Thanks,
Mahesh.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 5:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [PWE3] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pwe3-oam-msg-map-12.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Pseudowire (PW) OAM Message Mapping
	Author(s)       : M. Aissaoui, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pwe3-oam-msg-map-12.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2010-03-08

This document specifies the mapping and notification of defect states
between a pseudowire (PW) and the Attachment Circuits (ACs) of the
end-to-end emulated service.  It standardizes the behavior of Provider
Edges (PEs) with respect to PW and AC defects.  It addresses ATM, frame
relay, TDM, and SONET/SDH PW services, carried over MPLS, MPLS/IP and
L2TPV3/IP Packet Switched Networks (PSNs).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-oam-msg-map-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Yaakov Stein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 23:11:08 +0300

Mahesh

We considered this (and I mentioned it in my talk in Anaheim).  

However, we do not want work that has been going on for over 7 years
to be delayed again until the static-PW status work is completed.

Nor can we reference it as it would be a normative reference and
the draft would hang in the RFC editor.

So it is up to the new draft to reference this one,
not the other way around.

Y(J)S

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2010 23:08
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [PWE3] draft-ietf-pwe3-oam-msg-map-12.txt

Hi,

Thanks,
Mahesh.

-----Original Message-----

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3