Subject: [PWE3] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pwe3-fat-pw-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 07:15:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Flow Aware Transport of Pseudowires over an MPLS Packet Switched Network
	Author(s)       : S. Bryant, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pwe3-fat-pw-06.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-05-06

Where the payload of a pseudowire comprises a number of distinct
flows, it can be desirable to carry those flows over the equal cost
multiple paths (ECMPs) that exist in the packet switched network.
Most forwarding engines are able to hash based on MPLS label stacks
and use this mechanism to balance MPLS flows over ECMPs.

This document describes a method of identifying the flows, or flow
groups, within pseudowires such that Label Switching Routers can
balance flows at a finer granularity than individual pseudowires.
The mechanism uses an additional label in the MPLS label stack.  END

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-fat-pw-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.