Subject: Re: [PWE3] PWE3 working group poll for draft-cao-pwe3-mpls-tp-pw-over-bidir-lsp-02.txt

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 12:01:52 -0400

Sorry for being a bit late with closing this poll, but there was
excellent discussion on the list and Matthew and I wanted to make sure
it had completed before closing it out. Matthew and I have reviewed
the comments and tend to agree that some additional details are
required before this can be adopted as a WG draft. We saw some good
suggestions from Curtis and others on how to address these details.
Authors, we would like to see a re-spin to address these comments, and
comments on the list on the re-spin.

Also, there was a question of WG scope that came up in the discussion.
Matthew and I agree that the problem is in scope, but we'll need to
add a new milestone to the WG charter once this draft is accepted by
the WG.

Thanks,
Andy

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 7:49 AM, Andrew G. Malis <[email-masked]> wrote:
> The authors of draft-cao-pwe3-mpls-tp-pw-over-bidir-lsp-02.txt have
> asked that this draft be made a PWE3 working group draft.
>
> This email starts a two week poll, closing Tuesday April 26, to help
> judge consensus on this.
>
> Please send your responses to the PWE3 list.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy and Matthew
>

---

From: Thomas Nadeau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 13:37:28 -0400

> add a new milestone to the WG charter once this draft is accepted by

	Wouldn't the WG need to agree on this new work item, and then the 
charter amended before we would adopt the document as a WG draft? That is, 
it would seem to me that we need a charter item first, and then we satisfy 
it with a WG draft(s).

	--Tom

> _______________________________________________
> pwe3 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3
>

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 14:53:27 -0400

Tom,

We can make WG acceptance conditional on agreement for the new charter
milestone (and put them together in one discussion). But that's
premature right now.

Cheers,
Andy

---

From: Mach Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 01:36:20 +0000

Thanks Andy,

We are working on a revision to solve the comments raised during the polling, and many thanks to those who gave comments/suggestions on the list and off-line!

Best regards,
Mach

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Andrew G. Malis
> Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 12:02 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [PWE3] PWE3 working group poll for
> draft-cao-pwe3-mpls-tp-pw-over-bidir-lsp-02.txt
>