Subject: [PWE3] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pwe3-mpls-tp-gal-in-pw-01.txt> (Using the Generic Associated Channel Label for Pseudowire in MPLS-TP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:23:33 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to
Edge WG (pwe3) to consider the following document:
- 'Using the Generic Associated Channel Label for Pseudowire in MPLS-TP'
  <draft-ietf-pwe3-mpls-tp-gal-in-pw-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-08-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the requirements for using the Generic
   Associated Channel Label (GAL) in Pseudowires (PWs) in MPLS-TP
   networks, and provides an update to the description of GAL usage in
   [RFC5586] by removing the restriction that is imposed on using GAL
   for PWs especially in MPLS-TP environments.

   .

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-mpls-tp-gal-in-pw/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-mpls-tp-gal-in-pw/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.