Subject: [PWE3] FRPW: LAPF or Core-LAPF

From: Javi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 20:58:50 +0200

Does FRPW[RFC4619] support LAPF frames (with control field)[Q.933] or 
only Core-LAPF frames (without control field)[Q.933/Annex A]?

If FRPW supports LAPF frames, must the ingress PE read the control field 
or it must be carried transparently to the egress PE?

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 16:10:43 -0400

Javi,

RFC 4619 only supports Frame Relay frames as defined by X.36, which
replaced Q.933 Annex A in the ITU-T. RFC 4618 defines the
encapsulation for general purpose HDLC, including the address and
control fields. In RFC 4618, the address and control fields are
carried transparently and are not read.

Cheers,
Andy

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 2:58 PM, Javi <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Does FRPW[RFC4619] support LAPF frames (with control field)[Q.933] or only
> Core-LAPF frames (without control field)[Q.933/Annex A]?
>
> If FRPW supports LAPF frames, must the ingress PE read the control field or
> it must be carried transparently to the egress PE?
>
> _______________________________________________
> pwe3 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3
>