Subject: [PWE3] Additional Last Call: RFC-to-be 6478, previously draft-ietf-pwe3-static-pw-status-10.txt (Pseudowire Status for Static Pseudowires) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 09:33:50 -0700

Due to technical changes made during AUTH48, the IESG is issuing an
additional Last Call on the following document:

- 'Pseudowire Status for Static Pseudowires'
  <draft-ietf-pwe3-static-pw-status-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-04-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a mechanism to signal Pseudowire (PW) status
   messages using an PW associated channel (ACh). Such a mechanism is
   suitable for use where no PW dynamic control plane exits, known as
   static PWs, or where a Terminating Provider Edge (T-PE) needs to send
   a PW status message directly to a far end T-PE. The mechanism allows
   PW OAM message mapping and PW redundancy to operate on static PWs.
   This document also updates rfc5885 in the case when Bi-directional
   Forwarding Detection (BFD) is used to convey PW status signaling
   information.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc6478.txt/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-static-pw-status/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 12:30:32 +0100

To clarify

The text that needs to be reviewed is the text in the RFC editor's queue

http://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc6478.txt

Note that the URL for the text in the RFC Editor's queue, provided
in the original email, contains a spurious trailing space.

Stewart

-- 
For corporate legal information go to:

http://www.cisco.com/web/about/doing_business/legal/cri/index.html