Subject: [PWE3] RFC 6478 on Pseudowire Status for Static Pseudowires

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 12:01:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6478

        Title:      Pseudowire Status for Static Pseudowires 
        Author:     L. Martini, G. Swallow,
                    G. Heron, M. Bocci
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 28285
        Updates:    RFC5885

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-static-pw-status-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6478.txt

This document specifies a mechanism to signal Pseudowire (PW) status
messages using a PW associated channel (ACh).  Such a mechanism is
suitable for use where no PW dynamic control plane exits, known as
static PWs, or where a Terminating Provider Edge (T-PE) needs
to send a PW status message directly to a far-end T-PE.  The mechanism
allows PW Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) message
mapping and PW redundancy to operate on static PWs.  This document
also updates RFC 5885 in the case when Bi-directional Forwarding 
Detection (BFD) is used to convey PW status-signaling information.
[STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC