Subject: [PWE3] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pwe3-rfc4447bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:13:50 -0700

A new Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

    Title         : Pseudowire Setup and Maintenance using the Label Distribution Protocol
    Author(s)     : L. Martini, et al
    Filename      : draft-ietf-pwe3-rfc4447bis
    Pages         : 33 
    Date          : July 10, 2012 
    
Layer 2 services (such as Frame Relay, Asynchronus Transfer Mode, and
   Ethernet) can be &quot;emulated&quot; over an MPLS backbone by encapsulating
   the Layer 2 Packet Data Units (PDU) and then transmitting them over
   &quot;pseudowires&quot;. It is also possible to use pseudowires to provide
   low-rate Time Dividion Multiplexed and Synchronous Optical NETworking
  circuit emulation over a MPLS-enabled network. This document
   specifies a protocol for establishing and maintaining the
   pseudowires, using extensions to the Label Distribution Protocol
   (LDP).  Procedures for encapsulating Layer 2 PDUs are specified in a
   set of companion documents.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-rfc4447bis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.