Subject: [PWE3] FW: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-mpls-tp-cv-adv-01.txt

From: Gregory Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 13:00:15 -0400

Dear All,
The new version was recently publish to address discussion at IETF-83 meeting in Paris.
I welcome your comments and will greatly appreciate consideration to adopt the draft as PWE3 WG document.

	Regards,
		Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 2:15 PM
To: Gregory Mirsky
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-mpls-tp-cv-adv-01.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-mirsky-mpls-tp-cv-adv-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-mirsky-mpls-tp-cv-adv
Revision:	 01
Title:		 VCCV MPLS-TP Connectivity Verification (CV) Capability Advertisement
Creation date:	 2012-07-13
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 8
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mirsky-mpls-tp-cv-adv-01.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mirsky-mpls-tp-cv-adv
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mirsky-mpls-tp-cv-adv-01
Diff:            http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mirsky-mpls-tp-cv-adv-01

Abstract:
   This document specifies how use of proactive Connectivity
   Verification, Continuity Check, and Remote Defect Indication for the
   MPLS Transport Profile [RFC6428] affects operation and management
   function election for PW VCCV [RFC5085], [RFC5885].

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 13:25:19 -0400

Greg,

Thanks for updating and calling for discussion on the list. Matthew
and I will discuss whether we should call for WG adoption. If we do,
it won't be until after the IETF meeting.

Cheers,
Andy

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Gregory Mirsky
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> pwe3 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 10:56:01 +0800

Hi Greg

Hi Greg

Hope you well

I have taken a close look at the draft-mirsky-mpls-tp-cv-adv-01, be glad 
to see that the length of the defined VCCV Extended CV Advertiseemnt 
sub-TLV is variable now, which is more extensible.
 
Below are some minor comments on this draft that I like to share with you, 
both of them have been discussed with you offline (Please check the email 
sent out at 2012-02-29 11:19 with the title RE: comments on the draft 
draft-mirsky-mpls-tp-cv-adv)

1. I am afraid that IP/UDP encapsulation of BFD packets are not excluded 
by the MPLS-TP mechanism

2. Since the PW needs to support the other defined MPLS-TP OAM, such PM 
and FMS, maybe the name of this sub-TLV can be more MPLS-TP orientied 

Another question that want to check with you is about the relationship 
between your draft and another draft 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pwe3-mpls-tp-oam-config-00. Although 
we also addressed the MPLS-TP OAM negotiation in the Initialization 
message in the draft draft-ietf-pwe3-mpls-tp-oam-config-00, as you pointed 
out in IETF83 meeting that the Capability negotiations in the Initiation 
message are related to the LDP message procedures themself. I tend to 
agree with you on this point after checking RFC5561 and related 
extensions, and would like to hear more opinions from WG.

Best regards

Fei

Gregory Mirsky <[email-masked]> 
发件人:  [email-masked]
2012-07-24 01:00

收件人
"pwe3   ([email-masked])" <[email-masked]>
抄送

主题
[PWE3] FW: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-mpls-tp-cv-adv-01.txt

Dear All,
The new version was recently publish to address discussion at IETF-83 
meeting in Paris.
I welcome your comments and will greatly appreciate consideration to adopt 
the draft as PWE3 WG document.

                 Regards,
                                 Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 2:15 PM
To: Gregory Mirsky
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-mpls-tp-cv-adv-01.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-mirsky-mpls-tp-cv-adv-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the IETF 
repository.

Filename:                 draft-mirsky-mpls-tp-cv-adv
Revision:                 01
Title:                            VCCV MPLS-TP Connectivity Verification 
(CV) Capability Advertisement
Creation date:            2012-07-13
WG ID:                            Individual Submission
Number of pages: 8
URL:             
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mirsky-mpls-tp-cv-adv-01.txt
Status:          
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mirsky-mpls-tp-cv-adv
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mirsky-mpls-tp-cv-adv-01
Diff:            
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mirsky-mpls-tp-cv-adv-01

Abstract:

The IETF Secretariat