Subject: [PWE3] Fwd: New Non-WG Mailing List: Tofoo -- Discussion list for Tunneling over Foo (with)in IP networks (TOFOO)

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 16:05:56 -0400

There's no explicit indication that MPLS tunnels and/or pseudowires will be
included in this list, but you might want to subscribe just in case.

Cheers,
Andy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Subject: New Non-WG Mailing List: Tofoo -- Discussion list for Tunneling
over Foo (with)in IP networks (TOFOO)
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new IETF non-working group email list has been created.

List address: [email-masked]
Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tofoo/
To subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tofoo

Purpose:

Tunneling data across IP-based networks can use a variety of existing
encapsulation schemes, such as, GRE [RFC2784], IP-in-IP [RFC2003] and IPsec
tunnels [RFC4301] or proposed encapsulation schemes that are based on
carrying traffic over UDP.
The demand for using tunnels in data centers and across the Internet is
increasing also due to network virtualization.
A number of known issues have been raised around using tunnels, discussions
about applicability of these issues are ongoing and a number of solutions
to cope with, for instance, congestion control or congestion control
sensitivity, are being discussed.
The intention of this list is to bring together tunnel protocol
designers/implementers, network operators, and the different areas in the
IETF to discuss the ways forward.

For additional information, please contact the list administrators.