Subject: [PWE3] Progressing the PALS working group

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 18:29:33 +0100

Hi PWE3,

The IESG today approved the principle of creating PALS and is sending the
charter for external review.

The current version of the charter can be seen at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-pals/ and your comments are
welcome. The best place for those discussions would be
[email-masked].

I am in the process of creating the [email-masked] mailing list and all
[email-masked] members will be auto-subscribed since PALS will entirely subsume
PWE3.

The draft agenda for IETF-91 shows two slots booked: one for L2VPN and one for
PWE3. it is highly likely that PALS will be formally chartered on the 30th
October IESG telechat. In this event, PALS will meet in the L2VPN slot and the
PWE3 slot will be held in reserve in case there is overflow (highly unlikely on
the current showing).

Thanks,
Adrian