Subject: [PWE3] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-shawam-pwe3-ms-pw-protection-02.txt

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 18:33:22 -0400

PWE3ers,

draft-shawam-pwe3-ms-pw-protection has been updated to reflect comments
received so far. On reflection, the authors decided that Sasha was correct
in his comment that it would be good to document the linear protection
alternative in the draft. This is in an optional appendix, and implementing
the solution in the main section of the document is required even if the
alternative approach is implemented and used.

Please read and comment to the list.

Cheers,
Andy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 6:23 PM
Subject: I-D Action: draft-shawam-pwe3-ms-pw-protection-02.txt
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : S-PE Outage Protection for Static Multi-Segment
Pseudowires
        Authors         : Andrew G. Malis
                          Loa Andersson
                          Huub van Helvoort
                          Jongyoon Shin
                          Lei Wang
                          Alessandro D'Alessandro
        Filename        : draft-shawam-pwe3-ms-pw-protection-02.txt
        Pages           : 8
        Date            : 2014-10-10

Abstract:
   In MPLS and MPLS-TP environments, statically provisioned Single-
   Segment Pseudowires (SS-PWs) are protected against tunnel failure via
   MPLS-level and MPLS-TP-level tunnel protection.  With statically
   provisioned Multi-Segment Pseudowires (MS-PWs), each segment of the
   MS-PW is likewise protected from tunnel failures via MPLS-level and
   MPLS-TP-level tunnel protection.  However, static MS-PWs are not
   protected end-to-end against failure of one of the switching PEs
   (S-PEs) along the path of the MS-PW.  This document describes how to
   achieve this protection by updating the existing procedures in RFC
   6870.  It also contains an optional approach based on MPLS-TP Linear
   Protection.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-shawam-pwe3-ms-pw-protection/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-shawam-pwe3-ms-pw-protection-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-shawam-pwe3-ms-pw-protection-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt