Subject: [PWOT] draft-cai-vc-rsvp-te-01.txt

From: "Ting Cai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 22:44:41 -0800

FYI, 

A new internet draft has been submitted.  Before it becomes available at
IETF web site, you can find a copy at 

http://www.pavoucek.cz/drafts/draft-cai-vc-rsvp-te-01.txt

Your comments and questions are greatly appreciated. 

Ting Cai
Martin Machacek 

Terabeam Networks, Inc. 

PS: 

Introduction of the draft: 
Martini et. al. proposed in [5] a method of encapsulating L2 PDUs in MPLS
packets. The method uses a stack of two labels: one specifying the LSP
tunnel across the MPLS network and the other identifying the virtual circuit
(VC) to which the L2 PDUs belong. Martini et. al. proposed a method for
distributing VC labels using LDP in downstream-unsolicited mode in [2]. We
propose a simple extension to RSVP-TE [3] to signal VC labels using RSVP-TE
in downstream-on-demand mode. The extension includes two new RSVP object
classes, VC LABEL and VC LABEL REQUEST. The data formats including their
interpretations are taken from [2] with only minor modifications required by
the RSVP object format. This should simplify implementations supporting both
LDP and RSVP-TE. 

_______________________________________________
pwot mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwot