Subject: [PWE3] Can anybody give me some examples about tagged mode and raw mode with service-delimiting and non-service-delimiting?

From: "Fengger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 15:29:43 +0800

Dear all,

I am too confused after reading the PWE and VPLS related draft.

Maybe if somebody can show me some detailed examples about them, I can
understand them well.

There are four cases:

1.       raw mode, non service delimiting

2.       raw mode, service delimiting

3.       tagged mode, non service delimiting

4.       tagged mode, service delimiting.

For the first, I can know some examples. The simplest point-to-point PW is
such a case, right?

For the second, in the hierarchy VPLS with Ethernet Access networks as AC,
from MTU-s to PE-rs is such case, right?

If what above I said is wrong, please fix me. Thanks.

For the third and fourth, I don't know the exactly example. Who can tell me?
Need detailed. Thanks

BTW, another question, from one PE to another PE, can more then one VPLS
instance existed in a single PW?

I ask so just because the vpls draft says: for qualified learning, the VPLS
instance is per-vlan. So I want to know, do all

These VPLS instances share one single PW or each own one per connection
between one PE to another PE?

Thanks a lot.

Fengger

Software Engineer

SuZhou CentecNetworks Ltd.,Co

13906214156

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3