Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 23:41:21 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-7/💬63)
  7 issues created:
  - Stateless Reset Concerns (by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1177 
  - When are missing Q-thingey references fatal? (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1176 
  - HTTP/QUIC supports server push as described in [RFC7540], except where it doesn't (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1175 
  - Ban trial decryption in TLS stream after rejected early data? (by knekritz)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1172 
  - min_rtt could stay 0 (by tatsuhiro-t)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1169 
  - Moving version before connection ID in the long header (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1166 
  - hq: HEADERS frame still refers to HPACK (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1161 

  24 issues received 63 new comments:
  - #904 HTTP header compression: static table fit for QUIC (9 by martinthomson, mikkelfj, dtikhonov, LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/904 [-http] [design] [parked] 
  - #1178 Closing or draining state after idle timeout? (8 by larseggert, martinthomson, marten-seemann, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1178 [-transport] 
  - #1123 Split instruction space (6 by martinthomson, krasic, afrind, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1123 [-qcram] [design] 
  - #1168 Is 0RTT allowed after HRR? (5 by ad-l, larseggert, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1168 [-tls] [-transport] 
  - #1177 Stateless Reset Concerns (5 by martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1177 
  - #1174 Packet Number Gap and Connection Probing (4 by martinthomson, janaiyengar, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1174 [-transport] [design] 
  - #462 Endpoint symmetry (4 by martinthomson, mikkelfj, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/462 [-transport] [arch] [design] 
  - #1146 Version Negotiation Routing Problem (4 by martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1146 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1176 When are missing Q-thingey references fatal? (2 by krasic, afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1176 [-qcram] 
  - #1129 Referencing strategy (2 by krasic, afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1129 [-qcram] [design] 
  - #1158 hq: Can we have payload diagrams for all frames? (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1158 
  - #1172 Ban trial decryption in TLS stream after rejected early data? (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1172 [-tls] [design] 
  - #541 sent_packets and duplicate ACKs (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/541 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #1063 Remove *BLOCKED frames (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1063 [-transport] 
  - #591 is_retransmittable semantics (1 by gloinul)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/591 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #592 MSS and MTU (1 by gloinul)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/592 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #466 Stateless Reset from clients (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/466 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1121 Separate QCRAM streams (1 by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1121 [-http] [-qcram] [design] 
  - #230 When/how often to send ACK frames (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/230 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #1128 Duplication can use different indexing (1 by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1128 [-qcram] [design] 
  - #978 Merge CONNECTION_CLOSE and APPLICATION_CLOSE (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/978 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1138 QCRAM encoding requires two passes (1 by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1138 [-qcram] [design] 
  - #1140 Non-blocking decoder (1 by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1140 [-qcram] [design] 
  - #1148 Replace HPACK integer encoding (1 by krasic)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1148 [-qcram] [design] 

  7 issues closed:
  - Time based reordering threshold and low RTT https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/586 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Remove *BLOCKED frames https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1063 [-transport] 
  - Merge CONNECTION_CLOSE and APPLICATION_CLOSE https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/978 [-transport] [design] 
  - kDefaultInitialRtt too large https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/752 [-recovery] [design] 
  - sent_packets and duplicate ACKs https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/541 [-recovery] [design] 
  - When/how often to send ACK frames https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/230 [-recovery] [design] 
  - hq: HEADERS frame still refers to HPACK https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1161 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+5/-4/💬15)
  5 pull requests submitted:
  - Forbid using TLS records for padding after the handshake. (by knekritz)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1173 
  - Define time_of_last_sent_handshake_packet (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1171 
  - Explicit Congestion Window Limit (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1170 
  - Rename QCRAM to QPACK (by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1164 
  - Add figures for all HTTP/QUIC frames (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1162 

  5 pull requests received 15 new comments:
  - #1151 Symmetric connection IDs (6 by mirjak, martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1151 [-invariants] [-transport] 
  - #1167 Move version (4 by martinthomson, mikkelfj, ianswett, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1167 [-invariants] [-transport] 
  - #1153 A few proposed edits for #1139 (3 by martinthomson, MikeBishop, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1153 
  - #1164 Rename QCRAM to QPACK (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1164 [-qcram] 
  - #1012 A more complete connection migration (1 by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1012 

  4 pull requests merged:
  - Enter closing after the idle timeout
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1179 [-transport] 
  - Forbid using TLS records for padding after the handshake.
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1173 
  - ACK Optimization
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1159 
  - Add figures for all HTTP/QUIC frames
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1162 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts