Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 00:45:17 +0000 (UTC)

Events without label "editorial"

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+9/-5/💬52)
  9 issues created:
  - Add length field to version negotiation packet (invariants) (by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1247 
  - Invariants does not support public signatures on version negotiation (by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1246 
  - ICMP and ICMPv6 PMTUD with asymmetric connection-ids (by enygren)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1243 
  - CFIN only recoverable with timeout (by siyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1242 
  - PING guidance (by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1240 
  - Allow repeat ACK's (by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1234 
  - Do we still need Retry packets? (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1233 
  - ACKs for receiver-only (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1232 
  - Stateless Reset needs "on-path" proof (by igorlord)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1230 

  15 issues received 52 new comments:
  - #1247 Add length to Version Negotiation packet (10 by mikkelfj, MikeBishop, larseggert, hardie, martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1247 [-invariants] 
  - #1233 Do we still need Retry packets? (6 by siyengar, mikkelfj, ekr, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1233 
  - #630 handshake and 0rtt data in a single packet (6 by kazuho, ianswett, marten-seemann, MikeBishop, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/630 [-tls] [-transport] [design] 
  - #377 ICMP and ICMPv6 (Type: DestinationUnreachable) (5 by igorlord, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/377 [-transport] [design] 
  - #1232 ACKs for receiver-only (4 by martinthomson, ekr, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1232 
  - #1242 CFIN only recoverable with timeout (4 by siyengar, marten-seemann, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1242 [-tls] [-transport] [design] 
  - #1246 Version Negotiation packet extensibility (4 by martinthomson, marten-seemann, MikeBishop, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1246 [-invariants] 
  - #1220 inconsistent definition of the TLP duration (2 by pravb, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1220 
  - #1190 Pathological loss recovery case with Finished (2 by martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1190 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] [needs-discussion] 
  - #584 Prime client with connection ID for 0-RTT (2 by ekr, hardie)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/584 [-transport] [design] [needs-discussion] 
  - #1234 Allow repeat ACK's (2 by marten-seemann, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1234 
  - #1243 ICMP and ICMPv6 PMTUD with asymmetric connection-ids (2 by igorlord, enygren)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1243 
  - #592 MSS and MTU (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/592 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #1187 Simplify ACKing rules by prohibit sending or processing ACK frames in 0RTT packets (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1187 [-transport] 
  - #1212 confusing Fast Retransmit modes (1 by pravb)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1212 

  5 issues closed:
  - Simplify ACKing rules by prohibit sending or processing ACK frames in 0RTT packets https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1187 [-transport] 
  - PING guidance https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1240 
  - is_retransmittable semantics https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/591 [-recovery] [design] 
  - inconsistent definition of the TLP duration https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1220 
  - don't apply congestion penalty for lost ack-only packets https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1221 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+14/-8/💬9)
  14 pull requests submitted:
  - Reference RFC6928 (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1245 
  - Editorial (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1244 
  - QPACK single pass encoding (by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1239 
  - Move QPACK control instructions to dedicated streams (by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1238 
  - Clarify QPACK eviction races (by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1237 
  - Clarify suggested algorithm for handling QPACK acknowledgements (by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1236 
  - Change Index-Duplicate instruction code point (by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1235 
  - Restrict ACK-clocking to ACK-only frames. (by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1231 
  - Rename RetransmitAllHandshakePackets (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1229 
  - tls: use QHKDF-Expand instead of QHKDF-Update (by Lekensteyn)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1228 
  - tls: fix typo, use "packet number" consistently (by Lekensteyn)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1227 
  - split fast retransmit modes (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1226 
  - fix pseudocode for TLP alarm duration (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1225 
  - transport: frame type does not carry flags for ACK frame (by Lekensteyn)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1224 

  5 pull requests received 9 new comments:
  - #1238 Move QPACK control instructions to dedicated streams (4 by martinthomson, afrind, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1238 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #1222 Only pace retransmittable packets (2 by MikeBishop, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1222 [-recovery] 
  - #1229 Rename RetransmitAllHandshakePackets (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1229 
  - #1235 Change Index-Duplicate instruction code point (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1235 
  - #1239 QPACK single pass encoding (1 by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1239 [-qpack] [design] 

  8 pull requests merged:
  - Only pace retransmittable packets
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1222 [-recovery] 
  - Editorial
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1244 
  - Rename RetransmitAllHandshakePackets
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1229 
  - tls: use QHKDF-Expand instead of QHKDF-Update
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1228 
  - fix pseudocode for TLP alarm duration
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1225 
  - tls: fix typo, use "packet number" consistently
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1227 
  - don't apply congestion penalty for lost ack-only packets
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1223 
  - transport: frame type does not carry flags for ACK frame
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1224 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts