Subject: My reference to PLUS in the QUIC session today.

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 12:54:05 +0000

During today's working group session, I made a comment that confused the
heck out of a participant who has been trying to figure out what I was
actually talking about for nearly two decades, so thought I should forward
my response to the working group, in case my comment was mysterious.

I apologize to anyone else who was baffled as well.

It's also worth saying that i don't have an opinion on the technical
aspects of the Spin Bit proposal(s). That's what the working group works on.

Spencer, as responsible AD

--- previous response follows.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear.

I am trying as AD to find out whether this community can have a "privacy
and monitoring/management" conversation that converges in finite time.

At PLUS BOF time, I assert that answer was "no". I don't want to waste QUIC
working group time on non converging conversations.

The hums in a few minutes will be educational for me.

If that's still not what you think makes sense, I'm here for the next 48
hours and have no plans for lunch or dinner today.

Thanks for asking for clarification. My wife feels your pain from time to
time.

Spencer