Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2019 00:45:15 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-7/💬48)
  7 issues created:
  - H3 spec fails to warn about initial_max_stream_data_uni (by huitema)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2589 
  - Construction of address validation token (by kirsey)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2587 
  - Attacks Against Address Migration (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2582 
  - Bring back AEAD_AES_128_CCM_8 now that we pad the plaintext (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2581 
  - Is path validation a SHOULD or a MUST -- pick one! (by igorlord)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2580 
  - Path validation should be done even for what looks like NAT rebinding (by igorlord)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2579 
  - ClientFinished is HoL blocking, but has no normative text (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2572 [-tls] 

  16 issues received 48 new comments:
  - #2568 Reduce restrictions on valid RTT samples (9 by kazuho, mikkelfj, janaiyengar, nibanks, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2568 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2589 H3 spec fails to warn about initial_max_stream_data_uni (7 by marten-seemann, huitema, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2589 
  - #2552 Saving a round-trip time in the initial handshakes with retry (6 by kirsey, martinthomson, mikkelfj, janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2552 [-transport] 
  - #2579 Path validation should be done even for what looks like NAT rebinding (5 by DavidSchinazi, erickinnear, igorlord, tatsuhiro-t)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2579 
  - #2581 Bring back AEAD_AES_128_CCM_8 now that we pad the plaintext (4 by kazuho, LPardue, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2581 
  - #2554 Congestion control during application limited state (4 by janaiyengar, pravb, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2554 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2572 ClientFinished is HoL blocking, but has no normative text (3 by DavidSchinazi, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2572 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - #2566 Usage of "epoch" term in recovery draft (example code in appendixes) (2 by DavidSchinazi, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2566 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2184 kInitialRtt of 100 msec is too aggressive (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2184 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2569 RTT sample should be taken only once for each largest_acked (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2569 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2570 RTT computation section needs to mention largest_acked (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2570 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2587 Construction of address validation token (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2587 
  - #2496 QUIC Version Ossification (1 by philsbln)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2496 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2540 Version negotiation, reserved or 0x?a?a?a?a (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2540 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2546 ACK of ACK are useful (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2546 [-transport] 
  - #2556 Should kPersistentCongestionThreshold be 2 or 3? (1 by pravb)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2556 [-recovery] [design] 

  7 issues closed:
  - Version negotiation, reserved or 0x?a?a?a?a https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2540 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Definition of Stream Final Size is ambiguous https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2481 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - ACK Delay interactions with RTT calculation https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2137 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Usage of "epoch" term in recovery draft (example code in appendixes) https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2566 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - kInitialRtt of 100 msec is too aggressive https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2184 [-recovery] [design] 
  - kInitialRtt of 100 msec is too aggressive https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2184 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Stateless Reset Lacks Normative Text https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2471 [-transport] [design] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+11/-8/💬19)
  11 pull requests submitted:
  - Don't arm the handshake timer if there's no data (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2590 
  - First handshake timeout at 1 second (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2586 
  - Replace recovery epoch with congestion event (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2585 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Call OnPacketAckedCC() for in-flight packets, not just ack-eliciting (by ghedo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2584 
  - Spell 'Application' correctly (by ghedo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2583 
  - No state transition if RESET_STREAM is suppressed (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2578 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Distinguish between reserved versions (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2577 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Clarify final size definition (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2576 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Normative text for 1-RTT before handshake completion (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2575 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - Add normative language for stateless reset (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2574 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - introduce a version alias transport parameter (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2573 

  11 pull requests received 19 new comments:
  - #2573 introduce a version alias mechanism (7 by martinthomson, marten-seemann, kazuho, martinduke, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2573 
  - #2574 Add normative language for stateless reset (2 by martinduke, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2574 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2584 Call OnPacketAckedCC() for in-flight packets, not just ack-eliciting (2 by ghedo, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2584 
  - #2575 Normative text for 1-RTT before handshake completion (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2575 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - #2585 Replace recovery epoch with congestion event (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2585 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2586 First handshake timeout at 1 second (1 by pravb)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2586 
  - #2588 Use Congestion Recovery Period in psuedocode (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2588 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2510 all HTTP/3 protocol violations should lead to connection errors (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2510 [-http] 
  - #2524 Specify behavior for post-handshake CRYPTO messages (1 by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2524 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2529 Allow not creating QPACK codec streams (1 by ghedo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2529 
  - #2281 Include handshake anti-deadlock logic in pseudocode (1 by Ralith)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2281 [-recovery] 

  8 pull requests merged:
  - Use Congestion Recovery Period in psuedocode
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2588 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Distinguish between reserved versions
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2577 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Clarify final size definition
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2576 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Clarify RTT calculations in recovery
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2506 [-recovery] 
  - Replace recovery epoch with congestion event
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2585 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - First handshake timeout at 1 second
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2586 
  - Spell 'Application' correctly
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2583 
  - Call OnPacketAckedCC() for in-flight packets, not just ack-eliciting
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2584 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts