Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 00:45:15 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-4/💬40)
  7 issues created:
  - latest_rtt can be zero (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2616 [-recovery] [design] 
  - lost_pn can go negative (by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2611 [-recovery] 
  - RTT Initial measurement (by goelvidhi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2607 
  - HTTP/3 reserved value range (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2606 
  - Pseudocode fix: Data should be sent on loss-threshold timer (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2604 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Idle timeout needs more description and a recommendation (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2602 [-transport] [design] 
  - Use short headers for stateless reset (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2599 [-transport] [has-proposal] 

  10 issues received 40 new comments:
  - #2607 RTT Initial measurement (9 by goelvidhi, marten-seemann, janaiyengar, kazuho, martinthomson, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2607 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2602 Idle timeout needs more description and a recommendation (8 by kazuho, ianswett, janaiyengar, martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2602 [-transport] 
  - #2604 Pseudocode fix: Data should be sent on loss-threshold timer (5 by janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2604 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2555 Define idle period for congestion control (5 by janaiyengar, pravb, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2555 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2593 Persistent congestion interaction with app limited state (4 by siyengar, janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2593 [-recovery] 
  - #2606 HTTP/3 reserved value range (4 by martinthomson, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2606 [-http] [-transport] 
  - #2599 Use short headers for stateless reset (2 by martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2599 [-transport] [has-proposal] 
  - #2596 Should platform delays be included in ack-delay? (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2596 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2611 lost_pn can go negative (1 by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2611 [-recovery] 
  - #2554 Congestion control during application limited state (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2554 [-recovery] [design] 

  4 issues closed:
  - RTT Initial measurement https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2607 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - HTTP/3 reserved value range https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2606 [-http] [-transport] 
  - Restructure RTT section https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2567 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Don't levy requirements on non-QUIC TLS endpoints https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2174 [-tls] [editorial] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+12/-9/💬27)
  12 pull requests submitted:
  - Set loss delay at least kGranularity (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2617 
  - Make latest_rtt global (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2615 
  - Send ACK immediately when all data in PN space received (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2614 
  - Remove old spin bit references (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2613 
  - Add further guidance related to unidirectional stream TPs (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2612 
  - Simplify UpdateRtt pseudocode (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2610 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - consistent citing of internet drafts (by reschke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2609 
  - non-QUIC TLS implementation don't validate transport parameters (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2608 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - Reference RFC7661 for application limited (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2605 
  - nonsensical MUST on frames fitting in packets (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2603 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Frames of unknown type cause connection close (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2601 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Mandate the use of short header for stateless reset (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2600 [-transport] [design] 

  7 pull requests received 27 new comments:
  - #2603 nonsensical MUST on frames fitting in packets (10 by kazuho, janaiyengar, mikkelfj, martinthomson, ianswett, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2603 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2573 introduce a version alias mechanism (10 by kazuho, marten-seemann, mikkelfj, philsbln, martinthomson, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2573 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2609 consistent citing of internet drafts (2 by reschke, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2609 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2553 Change on idle behaviour (2 by janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2553 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2592 Rewrite of RTT estimation section (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2592 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2612 Add further guidance related to unidirectional stream TPs (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2612 
  - #2614 Send ACK immediately when all data in PN space received (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2614 [-recovery] 

  9 pull requests merged:
  - Send ACK immediately when all data in PN space received
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2614 [-recovery] 
  - Simplify UpdateRtt pseudocode
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2610 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Don't arm the handshake timer if there's no data
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2590 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Rewrite of RTT estimation section
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2592 [-recovery] [design] 
  - non-QUIC TLS implementation don't validate transport parameters
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2608 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - nonsensical MUST on frames fitting in packets
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2603 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Updated spinbit text
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2564 
  - Frames of unknown type cause connection close
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2601 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Update name of TPs
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2539 [-transport] [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts