Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 00:45:15 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+5/-11/💬52)
  5 issues created:
  - Clarify send state behavior for peer-created bidi stream (by agrover)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2636 
  - H3 GOAWAY should be symmetric and cover bidi and uni streams (by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2632 
  - Define under-utilization (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2630 
  - H3 GOAWAY guidance still refers to MAX_STREAM_ID (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2629 
  - HTTP/2 to HTTP/3 mapping section of http/3 is stale (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2627 [-http] 

  15 issues received 52 new comments:
  - #2580 Is path validation a SHOULD or a MUST -- pick one! (7 by janaiyengar, mikkelfj, larseggert, erickinnear, ianswett, igorlord)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2580 [-transport] 
  - #2632 H3 GOAWAY should be symmetric and cover bidi and uni streams (7 by ianswett, LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2632 [-http] 
  - #2582 Attacks Against Address Migration (6 by erickinnear, larseggert, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2582 [-transport] 
  - #2629 H3 GOAWAY guidance still refers to MAX_STREAM_ID (5 by LPardue, dtikhonov, afrind, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2629 
  - #2534 ECN text disables ECN too aggressively (5 by mirjak, ianswett, janaiyengar, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2534 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] 
  - #2543 NEW_TOKEN token and encryption (5 by larseggert, kirsey, kazuho, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2543 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2627 HTTP/2 to HTTP/3 mapping section of http/3 is stale (4 by MikeBishop, LPardue, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2627 [-http] 
  - #2434 Reserved versions are not version-dependent (3 by larseggert, mnot, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2434 [-invariants] [-transport] 
  - #2587 Construction of address validation token (3 by kirsey, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2587 [-transport] 
  - #2545 MAX_PACKET_SIZE frame (2 by mnot, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2545 [-transport] 
  - #2607 RTT Initial measurement (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2607 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2611 lost_pn can go negative (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2611 [-recovery] 
  - #2145 Don't change CID on peer CID change (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2145 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2541 Clients cannot abandon Initial packets while server can still send initial close (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2541 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2551 Replace HTTP_MALFORMED_FRAME for something simpler (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2551 [-http] [design] 

  11 issues closed:
  - Don't change CID on peer CID change https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2145 [-transport] [design] 
  - lost_pn can go negative https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2611 [-recovery] 
  - Awkward text in "Sending Probe Packets" https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2493 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - H3 spec fails to warn about initial_max_stream_data_uni https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2589 [-http] 
  - HTTP/3 unidirectional streams arms race https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2559 [-http] [editorial] 
  - HTTP/2 to HTTP/3 mapping section of http/3 is stale https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2627 [-http] 
  - Congestion control during application limited state https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2554 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Crypto retx timeout should have higher priority than time based loss detection https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2565 [-recovery] 
  - Remember Fewer Transport Parameters for 0-RTT https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2464 [-transport] [design] [has-proposal] 
  - HTTP/3 frame type registration render error https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2549 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Construction of address validation token https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2587 [-transport] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+8/-12/💬33)
  8 pull requests submitted:
  - Stop requiring remote address to match during path validation (by erickinnear)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2637 
  - Targeted attacks in Security Considerations (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2635 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Fix stale reference and edge case in GOAWAY text (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2634 [-http] [editorial] 
  - H2 comparison appendix spruce up (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2633 
  - -20 changelog (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2631 [editorial] 
  - Recommend of per-connection ID randomness for spin bit (by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2628 
  - Use semicolons for section references (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2626 [editorial] 
  - Recovery release notes for draft 20 (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2625 

  11 pull requests received 33 new comments:
  - #2573 introduce a version alias mechanism (10 by mikkelfj, marten-seemann, martinduke, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2573 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2621 lost_pn can no longer be negative (6 by mikkelfj, janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2621 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2466 Bound 0-to-1-RTT Transition (3 by DavidSchinazi, janaiyengar, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2466 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2628 Recommend of per-connection ID randomness for spin bit (3 by mirjak, janaiyengar, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2628 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2501 Define Error when Empty Bits != 0 (3 by martinduke, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2501 [-http] [design] 
  - #2613 Remove old spin bit references (2 by mirjak, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2613 
  - #2624 Add details of marking packets lost on PTO (2 by janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2624 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2605 Reference RFC7661 for application limited (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2605 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2623 My packet numbers go to -1 (1 by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2623 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2631 -20 changelog (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2631 [editorial] 
  - #1998 introduce a max_connection_ids transport parameter (1 by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1998 [-transport] [design] 

  12 pull requests merged:
  - Recovery release notes for draft 20
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2625 
  - lost_pn can no longer be negative
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2621 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Add details of marking packets lost on PTO
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2624 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Remove old spin bit references
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2613 
  - Define Error when Empty Bits != 0
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2501 [-http] [design] 
  - Add further guidance related to unidirectional stream TPs
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2612 [-http] [editorial] 
  - H2 comparison appendix spruce up
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2633 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Reference RFC7661 for application limited
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2605 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Refine Discussion of 0-RTT Transport Parameters
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2467 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Clarify time threshold vs crypto timer
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2620 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Remove Unicode Character 'LEFT-TO-RIGHT OVERRIDE' (U+202D)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2563 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Push stream data and PUSH_PROMISE reordering clarification
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2527 [-http] [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts