Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2019 00:45:16 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+4/-7/💬120)
  4 issues created:
  - ECN Algorithm (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2755 
  - Lessen the divergence from the HTTP/2 prioritization scheme by requiring all PRIORITY frames to be sent on the control stream (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2754 
  - NUM_PLACEHOLDERS MUST NOT be zero (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2753 
  - Retransmitting ACKs may cause misleading RTT samples (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2748 [-recovery] 

  41 issues received 120 new comments:
  - #2645 Retire My Own CID (34 by kazuho, marten-seemann, mikkelfj, ianswett, mnot, erickinnear, martinthomson, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2645 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2496 QUIC Version Ossification (17 by kazuho, marten-seemann, mikkelfj, mnot, martinthomson, huitema, ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2496 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2754 Lessen the divergence from the HTTP/2 prioritization scheme by requiring all PRIORITY frames to be sent on the control stream (7 by kazuho, ianswett, LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2754 [-http] 
  - #2739 HTTP/3 priorities are too complex for a majority of implementations (6 by rmarx, pmeenan, LPardue, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2739 [-http] 
  - #2753 NUM_PLACEHOLDERS MUST NOT be zero (5 by kazuho, dtikhonov, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2753 [-http] 
  - #2699 HTTP/3 Client handling of SERVER_BUSY error code needs to be specified (3 by udippant, pravb, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2699 [-http] [design] 
  - #2744 Idle Timer Can Fire Even with Outstanding Data to Send (3 by martinthomson, mikkelfj, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2744 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2630 Define "under-utilization" of cwnd (3 by maolson-msft, pravb, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2630 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2170 Embed QUIC version in expansion (3 by larseggert, ekr, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2170 [-tls] [design] 
  - #2308 handling of coalesced packets with decryption errors creates DoS opportunity (2 by erickinnear, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2308 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2205 Largest acked in ACK frame MUST NOT decrease (2 by janaiyengar, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2205 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2342 Spoofed connection migration as a DoS vector (2 by erickinnear, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2342 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2742 Automatic applicability of new TLS cipher suites (2 by ekr, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2742 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - #2644 RTT measurement using PATH_* frames (2 by rpaulo, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2644 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2143 Be more conservative about migration? (2 by erickinnear, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2143 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2546 ACK of ACK are useful (2 by igorlord, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2546 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2192 Optimistic ACK in early handshake (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2192 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2580 Is path validation a SHOULD or a MUST -- pick one! (1 by igorlord)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2580 [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #2711 Prohibiting server-initiated streams for h3 (1 by vasilvv)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2711 [-http] 
  - #1860 ACK-only feedback loop in recovery instead of transport (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1860 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2593 Persistent congestion interaction with app limited state (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2593 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #2596 Should platform delays be included in ack-delay? (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2596 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2728 Recovery: exit initial slow start on RTT increase (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2728 [-recovery] 
  - #2602 Idle timeout needs more description and a recommendation (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2602 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2734 Placeholder limits make for awkward clients (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2734 [-http] 
  - #2100 Avoid creating QPACK codec streams when unnecessary (1 by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2100 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #2755 ECN Algorithm (1 by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2755 [-recovery] 
  - #2632 H3 GOAWAY should be symmetric and cover bidi and uni streams (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2632 [-http] [design] 
  - #2180 Is Retry a new connection or what? (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2180 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2488 Provide address validation token in Alt-Svc (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2488 [-http] 
  - #2258 Initial maximum table size needs clarification. (1 by afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2258 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #2084 Discuss requirement that connection IDs not be correlatable (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2084 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2394 Spoofed retry token attack on IP authentication (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2394 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2389 Be clearer about the purpose of disable_migration (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2389 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2684 Mixture of transport and congestion control functions (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2684 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2550 Apply GREASE to transport parameters (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2550 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2552 Saving a round-trip time in the initial handshakes with retry (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2552 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2555 Define idle period for congestion control (1 by pravb)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2555 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2556 Should kPersistentCongestionThreshold be 2 or 3? (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2556 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2685 CC state after a change of path? (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2685 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2686 Pacing when under-utilizing the Congestion Window (1 by gorryfair)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2686 [-recovery] [editorial] 

  7 issues closed:
  - Initial maximum table size needs clarification. https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2258 [-qpack] [design] 
  - Recovery: exit initial slow start on RTT increase https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2728 [-recovery] 
  - Automatic applicability of new TLS cipher suites https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2742 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - NEW_TOKEN token and encryption https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2543 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Optimistic ACK in early handshake https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2192 [-transport] [design] 
  - Connection ID Length changes https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2473 [-transport] [design] 
  - Idle timeout needs more description and a recommendation https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2602 [-transport] [design] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+10/-4/💬18)
  10 pull requests submitted:
  - transport: fix broken ref to PTO in recovery (by reschke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2758 
  - fix typo (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2757 
  - Remove AEAD_AES_256_GCM (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2756 
  - ECN verification text (by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2752 
  - Enable/disable/coordinate spin per path (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2751 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Don't use ECN if packets are discarded (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2750 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Allow longer CIDs (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2749 
  - Recommend only one packet per encryption level (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2747 
  - Clients use the same crypto handshake after Retry (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2746 [-transport] [design] 
  - Keep idle timeout asymmetric (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2745 [-transport] [editorial] 

  11 pull requests received 18 new comments:
  - #2749 Allow longer CIDs (7 by DavidSchinazi, dtikhonov, martinduke, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2749 
  - #2743 Better articulate principles for ciphersuites (2 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2743 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - #2700 HTTP/3 with strict priorities (1 by rmarx)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2700 
  - #2574 Add normative language for stateless reset (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2574 [-transport] 
  - #2746 Clients use the same crypto handshake after Retry (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2746 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2747 Recommend only one packet per encryption level (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2747 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2750 Don't use ECN if packets are discarded (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2750 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2756 Remove AEAD_AES_256_CCM (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2756 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - #2647 Clarify that unlinkability is required for NEW_TOKEN tokens. Changes … (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2647 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2682 Allow AES_128_CCM_8 in QUIC (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2682 [-tls] 
  - #2687 New paths may seed initial_rtt (1 by rpaulo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2687 [-recovery] 

  4 pull requests merged:
  - Remove AEAD_AES_256_CCM
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2756 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - Better articulate principles for ciphersuites
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2743 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - Clarify that unlinkability is required for NEW_TOKEN tokens. Changes …
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2647 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - transport: replace "stateless retry" in text with "retry"
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2738 [-transport] [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts