Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 00:45:16 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+7/-7/💬53)
  7 issues created:
  - Make it easier to see where frames belong (by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2721 
  - Privacy of spin with multiple connections on same 5 tuple (by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2720 
  - Unclear conditions in long header descr. (by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2719 
  - Truncated http stream error handling is aggressive (by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2718 
  - GOAWAY errors are wrong (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2714 [-http] [design] 
  - Prohibiting server-initiated streams for h3 (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2711 
  - Second SETTINGS frame on any stream other than the control stream error (by DaanDeMeyer)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2706 

  13 issues received 53 new comments:
  - #2581 Bring back AEAD_AES_128_CCM_8 now that we pad the plaintext (12 by janaiyengar, mikkelfj, DavidSchinazi, ianswett, RyanAtGoogle, ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2581 [-tls] [design] 
  - #2711 Prohibiting server-initiated streams for h3 (7 by martinthomson, MikeBishop, kazuho, LPardue, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2711 [-http] 
  - #2645 Retire My Own CID (7 by mikkelfj, janaiyengar, nibanks, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2645 [-transport] 
  - #2699 HTTP/3 Client handling of SERVER_BUSY error code needs to be specified (6 by pravb, LPardue, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2699 [-http] [design] 
  - #2551 Replace HTTP_MALFORMED_FRAME for something simpler (5 by kazuho, afrind, LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2551 [-http] [design] 
  - #2706 Second SETTINGS frame on any stream other than the control stream error (4 by DaanDeMeyer, LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2706 
  - #2718 Truncated http stream error handling is aggressive (3 by martinthomson, LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2718 [-http] [design] 
  - #2389 Be clearer about the purpose of disable_migration (3 by igorlord, janaiyengar, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2389 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2719 Unclear conditions in long header descr. (2 by MikeBishop, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2719 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2225 Confusing text around push streams (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2225 [-http] [editorial] 
  - #2367 Text banning post-handshake client auth is unclear (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2367 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2685 CC state after a change of path? (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2685 [-transport] 
  - #2686 Pacing when under-utilizing the Congestion Window (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2686 [-recovery] [editorial] 

  7 issues closed:
  - How do I generate an RST? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2228 [-http] [design] 
  - Can I send non-data frames on CONNECT streams? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2229 [-http] [design] 
  - GOAWAY errors are wrong https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2714 [-http] [design] 
  - When can PUSH_PROMISE frames be sent? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2230 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Second SETTINGS frame on any stream other than the control stream error https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2706 
  - Move HTTP Section 5 before Section 4 https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2220 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Discuss HTTP/2 more in the introduction https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/1601 [-http] [editorial] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+16/-11/💬48)
  16 pull requests submitted:
  - HTTP/3 Zero-weighting (by rmarx)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2723 
  - Specify push stream truncated last frame error. (by DaanDeMeyer)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2722 
  - Fix formatting of some recovery pseudo-code (by ghedo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2717 
  - Reaplace mentions of MAX_STREAM_ID with MAX_STREAMS in HTTP/3 (by ghedo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2716 
  - Specify error for a DATA frame before any HEADERS frames (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2715 [-http] [design] 
  - Fix GOAWAY errors properly (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2713 [-http] [design] 
  - Specify error on receipt a DATA frame before a HEADERS frame on a request stream (by DaanDeMeyer)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2712 
  - Split SETTINGS handling error text (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2710 
  - Specify server error on receipt of a PUSH_PROMISE frame (by DaanDeMeyer)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2709 
  - Specify HEADERS on control stream error. (by DaanDeMeyer)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2708 
  - Fix GOAWAY connection errors. (by DaanDeMeyer)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2707 
  - Fix GOAWAY connection errors. (by DaanDeMeyer)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2705 
  - Push SHOULD precede reference (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2704 [-http] [editorial] 
  - CONNECT error:  MUST close, SHOULD RST (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2703 [-http] [design] 
  - Prohibit other frame types on CONNECT (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2702 [-http] [design] 
  - Reorder sections (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2701 [-http] [editorial] 

  15 pull requests received 48 new comments:
  - #2700 HTTP/3 with strict priorities (16 by kazuho, pmeenan, mikkelfj, MikeBishop, ianswett, rmarx, dtikhonov, LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2700 
  - #2723 HTTP/3 Zero-weighting (5 by igorlord, DaanDeMeyer, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2723 
  - #2665 Reference 8.2 of RFC7540 to explain Server Push (5 by MikeBishop, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2665 [-http] [editorial] 
  - #2712 Specify error on receipt a DATA frame before a HEADERS frame on a request stream (4 by LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2712 
  - #2701 Reorder sections (3 by martinthomson, janaiyengar, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2701 [-http] [editorial] [merge-imminent] 
  - #2690 Orphan Placeholder (2 by kazuho, rmarx)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2690 [-http] [design] 
  - #2691 Relax requirement of detecting duplicate TPs on receiver (2 by janaiyengar, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2691 [-transport] 
  - #2707 Fix GOAWAY connection errors. (2 by LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2707 [-http] [design] 
  - #2673 Output of the discard keys design team (2 by DavidSchinazi, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2673 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2687 New paths may seed initial_rtt (2 by janaiyengar, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2687 [-recovery] 
  - #2702 Prohibit other frame types on CONNECT (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2702 [-http] [design] 
  - #2703 CONNECT error:  MUST close, SHOULD RST (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2703 [-http] [design] 
  - #2708 Specify HEADERS on control stream error. (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2708 
  - #2710 Split SETTINGS handling error text (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2710 [-http] [editorial] 
  - #2713 Fix GOAWAY errors properly (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2713 [-http] [design] 

  11 pull requests merged:
  - CONNECT error:  MUST close, SHOULD RST
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2703 [-http] [design] 
  - Prohibit other frame types on CONNECT
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2702 [-http] [design] 
  - Fix GOAWAY connection errors.
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2707 [-http] [design] 
  - Reference 8.2 of RFC7540 to explain Server Push
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2665 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Push SHOULD precede reference
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2704 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Replace mentions of MAX_STREAM_ID with MAX_STREAMS in HTTP/3
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2716 
  - Fix formatting of some recovery pseudo-code
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2717 
  - Split SETTINGS handling error text
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2710 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Specify server error on receipt of a PUSH_PROMISE frame
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2709 [-http] [design] 
  - Reorder sections
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2701 [-http] [editorial] [merge-imminent] 
  - Pull some H2 content into the introduction
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2683 [-http] [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts