Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2019 00:45:31 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+4/-1/💬39)
  4 issues created:
  - Congestion control section in recovery migth be easier to understand if it was self-contained (by jrudolph)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3088 
  - Add application parameters to QUIC handshake and use it for H3 SETTINGS (by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3086 
  - Stateless reset detection should be datagram-based (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3085 [-transport] 
  - Insert Count Increment instruction description has race condition (by bencebeky)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3082 

  17 issues received 39 new comments:
  - #3053 Padding requirement seems to be incorrect. (8 by martinthomson, mikkelfj, ekr, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3053 [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #3086 Add application parameters to QUIC handshake and use it for H3 SETTINGS (6 by mikkelfj, nharper, martinthomson, ianswett, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3086 [-http] [-transport] 
  - #3078 Lost Server Initial Takes Too Long to be Retransmitted (4 by kazuho, mikkelfj, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3078 [-recovery] 
  - #2928 Lift single-packet ClientHello requirement? (3 by martinthomson, tatsuhiro-t, davidben)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2928 [-tls] [design] 
  - #3034 Allow PING in Initial/Handshake? (3 by kazuho, janaiyengar, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3034 [-tls] [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #2632 H3 GOAWAY should be symmetric and cover bidi and uni streams (2 by afrind, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2632 [-http] [design] 
  - #3082 Insert Count Increment instruction description has race condition (2 by bencebeky, afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3082 [-qpack] 
  - #2152 Why does stateless reset have to be checked after MAC failure (2 by martinthomson, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2152 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3075 Discussion in quic-recovery of delayed ack being 25ms does not seem to relate to anything (1 by jrudolph)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3075 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #3073 Boolean blocked streams setting (1 by dtikhonov)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3073 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #2985 Changing protocol elements:  Is this text strong enough? (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2985 [-http] [editorial] 
  - #3085 Stateless reset detection should be datagram-based (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3085 [-transport] 
  - #3088 Congestion control section in recovery migth be easier to understand if it was self-contained (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3088 
  - #2963 What if server does not send HTTP_EARLY_RESPONSE but starts sending response (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2963 [-http] 
  - #3061 Unclear what to do when QUIC Version Hints are missing (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3061 [-http] 
  - #3071 Mention unidirectional Stream Types 2 and 3 (QPACK) in -http (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3071 [-http] 
  - #3013 QUIC versions can no longer be greased (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3013 [-transport] [editorial] 

  1 issues closed:
  - SRTT vs. smoothed_rtt in quic-recovery https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3076 [-recovery] [editorial] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+6/-1/💬4)
  6 pull requests submitted:
  - Make transport parameters varint (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3087 
  - Pseudo-header section reference (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3084 [-http] 
  - Additional error cases for CANCEL_PUSH (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3083 [-http] 
  - Mention QPACK streams (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3081 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Retransmit server initial upon second Initial (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3080 [-recovery] [design] 
  - Stop using SRTT (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3079 

  3 pull requests received 4 new comments:
  - #3087 Make transport parameters varint (2 by DavidSchinazi, ekr)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3087 
  - #3077 Remove obsolete 'Discussion' section (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3077 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #3080 Retransmit server initial upon second Initial (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3080 [-recovery] [design] 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Stop using SRTT
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3079 [-recovery] [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts