Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 05:05:39 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+8/-9/💬100)
  8 issues created:
  - HTTP/3 figures caption capitalization (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3125 
  - Recommend algorithm for packet scheduler, rather than implementation (by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3122 
  - Recouple QUIC version and ALPN (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3117 [-transport] 
  - Consider HTTP_ prefix on h3 error codes (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3116 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Don't use bitmap frames to describe varint structures (by royfielding)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3115 
  - [Version Ossification] Alternative version and Initial Salt should be part of NEW_TOKEN (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3111 
  - Does a client need to remember SETTINGS it doesn't understand when doing 0-RTT resumption? (by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3110 
  - Add provisional registration for all registries (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3102 [-http] [-transport] 

  35 issues received 100 new comments:
  - #3122 Recommend algorithm for packet scheduler, rather than implementation (2 by ianswett, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3122 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - #3116 Consider HTTP_ prefix on h3 error codes (2 by LPardue, royfielding)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3116 [-http] [editorial] 
  - #3115 Don't use bitmap frames to describe varint structures (2 by DavidSchinazi, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3115 [editorial] 
  - #3111 [Version Ossification] Alternative version and Initial Salt should be part of NEW_TOKEN (4 by kazuho, marten-seemann, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3111 
  - #3110 Does a client need to remember SETTINGS it doesn't understand when doing 0-RTT resumption? (4 by LPardue, RyanAtGoogle, nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3110 
  - #3101 Alt-Svc and extension equivalence across H2 and H3  (3 by LPardue, MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3101 
  - #3100 ACK+PADDING in response to ACK should be illegal (2 by ianswett, marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3100 [-transport] 
  - #3097 Is CONNECTION_CLOSE ACK-eliciting? (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3097 [-recovery] [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #3095 Backoff of CONNECTION_CLOSE needs to be a MUST (5 by janaiyengar, larseggert, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3095 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3094 congestion window increase on every ACKed packet could result in bursty sends (18 by goelvidhi, huitema, janaiyengar, junhochoi, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3094 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #3086 Add application parameters to QUIC handshake and use it for H3 SETTINGS (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3086 [-http] [-transport] [design] [quicv2] 
  - #3078 Lost Server Initial Takes Too Long to be Retransmitted (4 by huitema, larseggert, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3078 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #3073 Boolean blocked streams setting (5 by afrind, dtikhonov, ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3073 [-qpack] [design] 
  - #3062 Disconnect version number from draft number (3 by erickinnear, huitema, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3062 [-transport] 
  - #3054 Label for key updates (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3054 [-tls] [design] 
  - #3046 Handling of Retire Prior To field (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3046 [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #3027 Codes for frame encoding errors (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3027 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3020 Transport parameter registry is too constraining for innovation (2 by DavidSchinazi, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3020 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3014 Handling of corrupt Retry packets (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3014 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3011 Original/Initial Connection ID (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3011 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2963 What if server does not send HTTP_EARLY_RESPONSE but starts sending response (3 by MikeBishop, RyanAtGoogle)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2963 [-http] [editorial] 
  - #2911 Separate HTTP/3 stream errors from connection errors. (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2911 [-http] [design] 
  - #2909 Path Migration makes unjustified assumptions about a new path. (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2909 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2863 unrecoverable loss pattern leads to deadlock (15 by RyanAtGoogle, ekr, ianswett, kazuho, martinduke, mikkelfj, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2863 [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #2823 Do Initial secrets change after Retry packet? (1 by mnot)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2823 [-tls] [design] 
  - #2817 Guidance for propogation of errors between H2 and H3 (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2817 [-http] 
  - #2792 Timing side-channel on key updates (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2792 [-tls] [design] 
  - #2787 HTTP/3 has less concurrency than HTTP/2 (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2787 [-http] 
  - #2783 Consider making SETTINGS part of the control stream header (1 by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2783 [-http] 
  - #2755 ECN Algorithm (2 by janaiyengar, larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2755 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2741 Re-visit initial keys discard (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2741 [-tls] [-transport] [design] 
  - #2632 H3 GOAWAY should be symmetric and cover bidi and uni streams (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2632 [-http] [design] 
  - #2555 Define idle period for congestion control (1 by larseggert)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2555 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2496 QUIC Version Ossification (4 by DavidSchinazi, RyanAtGoogle, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2496 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2143 Be more conservative about migration? (3 by erickinnear, larseggert, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2143 [-transport] [design] 

  9 issues closed:
  - http: Allow unquoted tokens in Alt-Svc quic parameter https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3063 [-http] 
  - Unclear what to do when QUIC Version Hints are missing https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3061 [-http] 
  - Consider making SETTINGS part of the control stream header https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2783 [-http] 
  - Boolean blocked streams setting https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3073 [-qpack] [design] 
  - Separate HTTP/3 stream errors from connection errors. https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2911 [-http] [design] 
  - Add application parameters to QUIC handshake and use it for H3 SETTINGS https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3086 [-http] [-transport] [design] [quicv2] 
  - Alt-Svc and extension equivalence across H2 and H3  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3101 
  - Original/Initial Connection ID https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3011 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Disconnect version number from draft number https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3062 [-transport] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+16/-3/💬18)
  16 pull requests submitted:
  - Rephrase #2780 to active voice (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3124 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Require clients to keep sending if they want to keep receiving (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3123 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Forbid Handshake key discarding (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3121 [-tls] [design] 
  - Add retry integrity tag (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3120 
  - rename HTTP_ error code prefix to H3_ (by LPardue)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3119 
  - Remove QUIC version hint (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3118 [-http] [design] 
  - Talk about concurrency in H3 vs. H2 (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3114 [-http] [editorial] 
  - Clarify that clients don't need to remember unknown SETTINGS (by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3113 
  - TLS overview tweaks (by seanturner)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3112 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - Change transport parameter IANA registration policy (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3109 
  - Replace use of the TLS presentation language with QUIC encoding (by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3108 
  - Immediately close with INVALID_TOKEN (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3107 [-transport] 
  - MUST pace or limit bursts to 10 packets (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3106 
  - Alternative > alternate (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3105 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Prohibit PADDING in response to ACK (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3104 
  - Prohibit PADDING in response to ACK (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3103 

  10 pull requests received 18 new comments:
  - #3121 Forbid Handshake key discarding (3 by mikkelfj, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3121 [-tls] [design] 
  - #3108 Replace use of the TLS presentation language with QUIC encoding (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3108 [-tls] [-transport] 
  - #3107 Immediately close with INVALID_TOKEN (3 by ianswett, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3107 [-transport] 
  - #3106 MUST pace or limit bursts to 10 packets (1 by janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3106 [-recovery] 
  - #3103 Prohibit PADDING in response to ACK (3 by janaiyengar, martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3103 
  - #3092 MUST ACK each ack-eliciting packet once (2 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3092 [-transport] 
  - #3087 Make transport parameters varint (1 by DavidSchinazi)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3087 [-transport] [design] 
  - #3042 Use the FRAME_ENCODING_ERROR for errors in frame encoding (1 by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3042 [-transport] [design] 
  - #2958 Move server's SETTINGS to transport parameters (2 by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2958 [-http] [-transport] 
  - #2925 Add initial threat model to security considerations (1 by erickinnear)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2925 [-transport] [editorial] 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - Remove QUIC version hint
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3118 [-http] [design] 
  - MUST pace or limit bursts to 10 packets
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3106 [-recovery] 
  - Alternative > alternate
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3105 [-recovery] [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts