Subject: Weekly github digest (QUIC Working Group Specifications)

From: Github Notifications <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 00:45:16 +0000 (UTC)

Issues
------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+3/-5/💬13)
  3 issues created:
  - Client storage of tokens should be independent of other stored state (by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3152 
  - loss detection timer description could be simplified by definining a timer mode (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3151 
  - It is unspecified how a server should send Handshake packets during / after migration (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3142 

  9 issues received 13 new comments:
  - #3151 loss detection timer description could be simplified by definining a timer mode (1 by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3151 [-recovery] 
  - #3142 It is unspecified how a server sends Handshake packets during / after migration (3 by erickinnear, ianswett, kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3142 
  - #3130 Does it matter if the the STOP_SENDING error code is something other than EARLY RESPONSE? (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3130 [-http] [design] 
  - #3115 Don't use bitmap frames to describe varint structures (1 by royfielding)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3115 [editorial] 
  - #3111 [Version Ossification] Alternative version and Initial Salt should be part of NEW_TOKEN (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3111 [-transport] 
  - #2926 ICID or OCID? (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2926 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2909 Path Migration makes unjustified assumptions about a new path. (1 by erickinnear)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2909 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #2863 unrecoverable loss pattern leads to deadlock (2 by DavidSchinazi, ad-l)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2863 [-transport] [design] [proposal-ready] 
  - #2632 H3 GOAWAY should be symmetric and cover bidi and uni streams (2 by LPardue, afrind)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2632 [-http] [design] 

  5 issues closed:
  - Does a Retry really need to change the CID? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2837 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Discussion in quic-recovery of delayed ack being 25ms does not seem to relate to anything https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3075 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Does a client need to remember SETTINGS it doesn't understand when doing 0-RTT resumption? https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/3110 
  - Retransmitting ACKs may cause misleading RTT samples https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2748 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - What if server does not send HTTP_EARLY_RESPONSE but starts sending response https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/2963 [-http] [editorial] 

Pull requests
-------------
* quicwg/base-drafts (+14/-11/💬32)
  14 pull requests submitted:
  - Use the right connection ID (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3153 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Clarify the state a client stores with a token (by nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3150 
  - Explicit linkages for ODCID/OCID TP (by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3149 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Fix handling of Retry in recovery (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3148 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Servers have to change connection IDs in Retry (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3147 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Fix punctuation (by amirlivneh)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3146 
  - use a HANDSHAKE_DONE frame to drive the handshake to confirmation (by marten-seemann)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3145 
  - Fix typo and wording in change log (by amirlivneh)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3144 
  - Fix typo and wording in change log (by amirlivneh)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3143 
  - use key update for confirming the handshake (by kazuho)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3141 
  - Delete reference to crypto timeout (by martinduke)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3140 
  - Packets on one path must not adjust values for a different path (by erickinnear)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3139 
  - Applications need to disable or selectively reject 0-RTT (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3138 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Remove the TLP citation because it's in RACK (by ianswett)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3137 [-recovery] [editorial] 

  14 pull requests received 32 new comments:
  - #3150 Clarify the state a client stores with a token (2 by ianswett, nharper)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3150 [-transport] 
  - #3149 Explicit linkages for ODCID/OCID TP (1 by MikeBishop)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3149 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #3146 Fix punctuation (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3146 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #3145 use a HANDSHAKE_DONE frame to drive the handshake to confirmation (10 by DavidSchinazi, ianswett, janaiyengar, kazuho, martinthomson, mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3145 [-transport] 
  - #3141 use key update for confirming the handshake (3 by kazuho, martinthomson, nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3141 
  - #3140 Delete reference to crypto timeout (2 by ianswett, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3140 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #3139 Packets on one path must not adjust values for a different path (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3139 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - #3112 TLS overview tweaks (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3112 [-tls] [editorial] 
  - #3108 Replace use of the TLS presentation language with QUIC encoding (4 by DavidSchinazi, rpaulo)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3108 [-tls] [-transport] 
  - #3107 Immediately close with INVALID_TOKEN (2 by ianswett, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3107 [-transport] 
  - #3096 MUST retire Connection IDs becoming stale (1 by mikkelfj)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3096 [-transport] 
  - #3080 Retransmit server initial upon second Initial (1 by nibanks)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3080 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #3066 Change PTO to be per packet number space (2 by ianswett, janaiyengar)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3066 [-recovery] [design] 
  - #2925 Add initial threat model to security considerations (1 by mirjak)
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/2925 [-transport] [editorial] 

  11 pull requests merged:
  - Use the right connection ID
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3153 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Servers have to change connection IDs in Retry
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3147 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Remove obsolete 'Discussion' section
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3077 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Clarify that clients don't need to remember unknown SETTINGS
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3113 [-http] 
  - Fix punctuation
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3146 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Fix typo and wording in change log
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3144 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Fix typo and wording in change log
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3143 [editorial] 
  - Retransmitting an ACK frame warning
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3049 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Remove the TLP citation because it's in RACK
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3137 [-recovery] [editorial] 
  - Delete reference to crypto timeout
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3140 [-transport] [editorial] 
  - Require clients to keep sending if they want to keep receiving
    https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/3123 [-http] [editorial] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts