Subject: Consensus call for HTTP/3 server push signal handling

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 23:59:44 +0100

Hello WG,

Back in July there was some discussion about potential edge cases related
to HTTP/3 server push, leading to issue #4930 "Handling of a lost push
signal" [1] being raised. As a reminder, draft-ietf-quic-http is now in the
RFC Editor queue following WGLC, IETF Last Call, and gaining approval from
the IESG.

The proposed resolution to this issue is
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4931. The editor has been
careful to craft things in such a way to have minimal impact on the HTTP/3
protocol, while addressing the points raised in issue #4930.

Our responsible AD has asked us to run a consensus call to ensure that the
WG is happy with this change, before it is incorporated into the document
as part of AUTH48. This email begins a 1-week consensus call (ending
September 7 2021, anywhere on earth) for the proposed resolution at
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/4931. Absent any pushback, we'll
work with our AD on the next steps for incorporation.

Best Regards,
Matt & Lucas
QUIC WG Chairs

[1] - https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/4930