Subject: [radext] #87: Guidance on mandatory-to-implement algorithms

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 02:50:16 -0000

#87: Guidance on mandatory-to-implement algorithms

 Section 4.2 does not provide any guidance as to what cryptographic
 algorithms are acceptable for designation as mandatory-to-implement, nor
 does it reference any such guidance.

 My recommendation is that the following paragraph be added to Section 4.2:

 Guidance on acceptable algorithms can be found in [NIST-SP800-131A].
 It is RECOMMENDED that mandatory-to-implement cryptographic
 algorithms be chosen from among those classified as "Acceptable"
 with no known deprecation date within [NIST-SP800-131A].

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  critical                   |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  Crypto-Agility             |     Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |    Keywords:            
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/87>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 06:58:45 -0000

Changes (by bernard_aboba@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |        Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |       Status:  closed    
 Priority:  critical                   |    Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  Crypto-Agility             |      Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |   Resolution:  fixed     
 Keywords:                             |  
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/87#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>