Subject: [radext] #90: Process for publication and selection

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 23:52:53 -0000

#90: Process for publication and selection

 Nowhere in the document is the approach to publication of crypto-agility
 solutions described, nor does the document describe how standards track
 crypto-agility mechanisms will be selected.

 Previously the RADEXT WG has utilized WG consensus to determine whether to
 adopt a crypto-agility proposal as a WG work item. Initial proposals are
 to be published as EXPERIMENTAL, and multiple implementations of WG work
 items are now in progress.

 One potential approach to evaluating standards track submissions is as
 follows:

 1. Require documents submitted for consideration on the standards track to
 include an evaluation against the Crypto-agility requirements, stating
 whether they are compliant, conditionally compliant, or non-compliant.
 Documents published as EXPERIMENTAL could also include such an evaluation
 (though it wouldn't be required).

 2. Determine the success of the experiments based on implementation
 experience. Factors that may be relevant include performance, required
 footprint, and demonstrated interoperability between multiple independent
 implementations.

 3. Based on requirements evaluation and experiment writeups, the RADEXT WG
 can make the decision of whether to promote a crypto-agility proposal to
 the standards track.

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  critical                   |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  Crypto-Agility             |     Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Active WG Document         |    Keywords:            
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/90>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>