Subject: [radext] #96: Informative and Normative references

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 19:54:16 -0000

#96: Informative and Normative references

 Currently all references in the document are Informative. Recommended
 change is to separate normative and informative references within Section
 8 as follows:

 8.  References

 8.1.  Normative References

 [NIST-SP800-131A]
           Barker, E. and A. Roginsky, "Transitions: Recommendation for
           Transitioning the Use of Cryptographic Algorithms and Key
           Lengths", NIST SP-800-131A, January 2011.

 [RFC2119] Bradner, S., "Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate
           Requirement Levels", BCP 14, RFC 2119, March 1997.

 [RFC2865] Rigney, C., Willens, S., Rubens, A., and W. Simpson, "Remote
           Authentication Dial In User Service (RADIUS)", RFC 2865, June
           2000.

 [RFC4107] Bellovin, S. and R. Housley, "Guidelines for Cryptographic Key
           Management", BCP 107, RFC 4107, June 2005.

 [RFC4962] Housley, R. and B. Aboba, "Guidance for Authentication,
           Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) Key Management", BCP 132,
           RFC 4962, July 2007.

 [RFC6151] Turner, S. and L. Chen, "Updated Security Considerations for
           the MD5 Message-Digest and the HMAC-MD5 Algorithms", RFC 6151,
           March 2011.

 [RFC6158] DeKok, A., "RADIUS Design Guidelines", BCP 158, RFC 6158,
           March 2011.

 8.2.  Informative References

 [RADYN]   Winter, S. and M. McCauley, "NAI-based Dynamic Peer Discovery
           for RADIUS over TLS and DTLS", Internet draft (work in
           progress), draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery-02, March 2010.

 [RFC2548] Zorn, G., "Microsoft Vendor-specific RADIUS Attributes", RFC
           2548, March 1999.

 [RFC2868] Zorn, G., Leifer, D., Rubens, A., Shriver, J., Holdrege, M.
           and I. Goyret, "RADIUS Attributes for Tunnel Protocol
           Support", RFC 2868, June 2000.

 [RFC3162] Aboba, B., Zorn, G., and D. Mitton, "RADIUS and IPv6", RFC
           3162, August 2001.

 [RFC3579] Aboba, B. and P. Calhoun, "RADIUS (Remote Authentication Dial
           In User Service) Support For Extensible Authentication
           Protocol (EAP)", RFC 3579, September 2003.

 [RFC5997] DeKok, A., "Use of Status-Server Packets in the Remote
           Authentication Dialin User Service (RADIUS) Protocol", RFC
           5997, August 2010.

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  minor                      |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  Crypto-Agility             |     Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |    Keywords:            
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://rsync.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/96>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 05:49:26 -0000

Changes (by bernard_aboba@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |        Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |       Status:  closed    
 Priority:  minor                      |    Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  Crypto-Agility             |      Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |   Resolution:  fixed     
 Keywords:                             |  
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/96#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>