Subject: [radext] #95: Section 4.2

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 19:47:06 -0000

#95: Section 4.2

 Section 4.2 is not clear what kind of public key credentials are to be
 supported (e.g. X.509 certificates, public keys without certs, etc.).
 Also, it is not clear whether dynamic discovery is a normative requirement
 or whether another discovery mechanism could be used (such as manual
 configuration).

 Proposed change:

 Limit key scope
      In order to enable a NAS and RADIUS server to exchange confidential
      information such as keying material without disclosure to third
      parties, it is RECOMMENDED that a RADIUS crypto-agility solution
      support X.509 certificates for authentication between the NAS and
      RADIUS server.  Manual configuration as well as automated discovery
      mechanisms such as NAI-based Dynamic Peer Discovery [RADYN] can be
      used to enable direct NAS-RADIUS server communications.  Support
      for end-to-end confidentiality of RADIUS attributes is not
      required.

      For compatibility with existing operations, RADIUS crypto-agility
      solutions SHOULD also support pre-shared key credentials.  However,
      support for direct communications between the NAS and RADIUS server
      is not required when pre-shared key credentials are used.

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  major                      |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  Crypto-Agility             |     Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |    Keywords:            
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/95>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 05:50:07 -0000

#95: Section 4.2

Changes (by bernard_aboba@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |        Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |       Status:  closed    
 Priority:  major                      |    Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  Crypto-Agility             |      Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |   Resolution:  fixed     
 Keywords:                             |  
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/95#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>