Subject: [radext] #97: Section 1.4

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 20:05:08 -0000

#97: Section 1.4

 Section 1.4 is unclear as to the process for publication of experimental
 vs. standards track documents.

 Proposed change is as follows:

 1.4.  Publication Process

    RADIUS [RFC2865] is a widely deployed protocol that has attained
    Draft Standard status based on multiple independent interoperable
    implementations.  Therefore it is desirable that a high level of
    interoperability be maintained for crypto-agility solutions.

    To ensure that crypto-agility solutions published on the standards
    track are well specified and interoperable, the RADEXT WG has adopted
    a two phase process for standards-track publication of crypto-agility
    solutions.

    In the initial phase, crypto-agility solutions adopted by the working
    group will be published as Experimental.  These documents should
    contain a description of the implementations and experimental
    deployments in progress, as well as an evaluation of the proposal
    against the requirements described in this document.

    The working group will then select proposals to advance on the
    standards track.  Criteria to be used include evaluation of the
    proposal against the requirements, summary of the experimental
    deployment experience and evidence of multiple interoperable
    implementations.

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  minor                      |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  Crypto-Agility             |     Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |    Keywords:            
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/97>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 05:48:49 -0000

#97: Section 1.4

Changes (by bernard_aboba@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

-- 
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  bernard_aboba@…            |        Owner:            
     Type:  defect                     |       Status:  closed    
 Priority:  minor                      |    Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  Crypto-Agility             |      Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  In WG Last Call            |   Resolution:  fixed     
 Keywords:                             |  
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://rsync.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/97#comment:1>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>